Id like to buy this laptop but checking first :)

SniperDaws

5 posts in this topic

hi

i have an advent 7208 and had no problems installing iatkos. Looking at those specs then it should run mac ok, however i would look at the graphics card. UMA graphics, now on mine its the 3100 card which worked fine for me otb. However looking at the wireless then you may have to get an USB one, the same as i had too, cos the onboard one is just no go.

So personally i think mac should go on that. Have a look around the forums, but for that money its worth a try, i think you will get it on there.

Good Luck

Regards

i dont thing anything would prevent the INSTALLATION from working , but you probably have to find some drivers to make your hardware work.

Definatly, however most distros now include drivers for Intel onboard. And the wireless is for sure lol

Worth a shot

hi

i have an advent 7208 and had no problems installing iatkos. Looking at those specs then it should run mac ok, however i would look at the graphics card. UMA graphics, now on mine its the 3100 card which worked fine for me otb. However looking at the wireless then you may have to get an USB one, the same as i had too, cos the onboard one is just no go.

So personally i think mac should go on that. Have a look around the forums, but for that money its worth a try, i think you will get it on there.

Good Luck

Regards

So can you run leopard with HW acceleration ? and for built in wireless and graphics to work correctly what should i be looking for ?

Thank you both for replying :(