OS X 10.4.8 Installed Successfully...updates and problems...HELP

Cypher25

5 posts in this topic

I have a custom built computer and have Windows XP Pro on it. I decided to work on making it dual boot to OS X so I got an install disk for Tiger OS X 10.4.8. I followed the guides out there and about and actually got it to dual boot extremely easy. It booted into Mac and booted into Windows with no problems. After setting up my profile and all on Mac OS, it downloads the current updates to update some drivers and the OS to 10.4.11 for Intel. When it finishes, it wants me to reboot, so I do. Now I go to boot up to Mac and it has the Darwin Loading and then the screen loses signal and the computer reboots...and it is stuck in this vicious cycle. Can anyone help me here? Thank you.

P.S. I can still boot into Windows with no problems...I can easily just reinstall Mac again, but would like the update with it so that I can install iWork (has to have 10.4.10 to install). Thanks.

you have to be more specific in your post... for example you have to specify where you got your updates from, if its from apple software update, that your problem right there... if its other source did you install kernels that came with it? can you be more specific?

you need to be careful about updating, hackintosh installs use modified kernels and drivers. When you download an update it can overwrite some of the things required to get OS X to boot on a non-Apple computer. Try installing again, and read some of the threads on how to safely update your computer.

you cannot update your system with major updates from apple it will brake your install, as i said that was your peoblem... Where did you get Tiger OS x86? Look for combo updates in the same place :)