Rebooting problem before the installation

cristianjanz

5 posts in this topic

Ok Guys, i normally search in the forums for an answer before i post something but this time i had no luck.

Everytime i try to install Leo it reboots right before the Grey Apple Logo appears. So this is what i tried with no luck.

Try # 1: Kalyway 10.5.2

tried with cpus=1 -v -s -x -f and different Graphics mode and all the kernels that come with Kalyway.

result: It starts loading the kernel and then reboots.

Try #2: Zephyroth AMD 10.5.2 rev. 1

tried with cpus=1 -v -s -x -f and different Graphics mode.

result: Same thing.

Try #3: Brazil/Mac patch patched to my original Leopard DVD

tried the same

result: it appears the Grey Apple Logo and then reboots

Try # 4: Leo4All

tried the same

result: It starts loading the kernel and then reboots.

Try# 5000: VMWARE

Downloaded an installed VMWare Leo image and it boots up. It is very slow but it works. In "About this Mac" it recognizes the Turion processor, so i dont think its and processor issue.

So i don't know what to do. Try older Mac versions?? Tiger maybe??

Or is the 64-bit causing a problem??

here my config.

Compaq Presario CQ50

post-281333-1220416219_thumb.jpg

post-281333-1220416236_thumb.jpg

thanx in advance

It's very possible that the media and communications processor (MCP) may not be supported yet. It depends on which version you have. It is also possible that there is an issue with some other hardware that is not recognized.

When you try an install with Leo4All with -v, what is the last message output?

How far can you get with install? Are you able to get to the graphical part to further customize install? If so, you should select the nForce Test chipset fix.

Also, I wouldn't think the processor would be too much of an issue as many of us have the AMD 64 Turion working just fine.

It's very possible that the media and communications processor (MCP) may not be supported yet. It depends on which version you have. It is also possible that there is an issue with some other hardware that is not recognized.

When you try an install with Leo4All with -v, what is the last message output?

How far can you get with install? Are you able to get to the graphical part to further customize install? If so, you should select the nForce Test chipset fix.

Also, I wouldn't think the processor would be too much of an issue as many of us have the AMD 64 Turion working just fine.

How can i find out which MCP i have and which MCP's are supported??

When i install Leo4All with -v it appears lots of text which is to fast to read and then it appears the Grey Apple Logo and than it reboots by itself and no warnings. Other than the Gray Apple Logo there is no Graphical part.

thanks anyways annunaki!!

Edit: Sorry, there is no Graphical part (AppleLogo) with Leo4All, that was with Brazil/Mac.