Global Keyboard Shortcuts not working after wake from sleep

snickers

2 posts in this topic

Found what I think is a bug with osx86 on eeepc. I don't know if it is specific to 1000H, to iDeneb, or to the tutorial procedure on www.maceee.com, or to my specific setup. I would appreciate feedback from people who have similar setups, as well as those who have setups based on other distros.

Mac OS X has global keyboard shortcuts like for screen capture and zoom, etc. They work fine after a fresh boot; however, after waking from sleep these shortcuts are no longer accepted. Standard application shortcuts, as well as the expose/spaces keys still work, but the global shortcuts won't. It takes a reboot to get them back, and then only until the unit goes to sleep again. Whatever process is responsible for listening for these shortcuts is either crashing or not waking properly after sleep.

Please try the keyboard shortcuts on your setup even if you do not have an eeepc, and try them after sleep as well, so I can try to narrow down where the problem is. Specifically, I noticed the problem with the shortcuts for screen capture (Command+Ctrl+Shift+4, etc). Thanks!

Fixed this problem myself now... iDeneb v1.1 didn't have the ApplePS2Controller selectable under the "Fix" menu so I assumed all was well. Reinstalled ApplePS2Controller.kext and everything works properly now. Now I don't lose my shortcuts after sleep.