Gaming Hackintosh Laptop?

5 posts in this topic

I am looking for an alternative 15 inch or 17inch laptop that will run osx out of the box. I would like as close to 100% working as possible, it would need a built in camera. I could do the patches for wireless internet and Ethernet. I was wondering how well this would work:

dell m1530

Full Hi Definition, glossy widescreen 15.4 inch LCD (1920x1200) & 2.0 M camera

4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)

320GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive

Slot Load DVD+/-RW (DVD/CD read/write)

256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT

Dell Wireless 1505 Wireless-N Mini-card

56 WHr 6-cell Lithium Ion Primary Battery

Finger Print Reader XPS M1530

My questions would be would the camera work out of the box, and how would i get surround sound on my logitech z5500 in both windows and os x? There is the option of upgrading the sound to a IntegratedSound Blaster Audigy HD Software Edition. Or is there a similar laptop that would run leopard better out of the box, i may get a mbp but i need a laptop right now and i am tired of waiting for the next gen of the mbp's. And i would be playing games like call of duty 4.

I have also been looking at this:

Gateway - Laptop with Intel® Centrino® 2 Processor Technology - P-7811FX

I know its not c2d but i heard that you can get the centrino 2 running with leopard. And i would get an external camera for the gateway because it is such a good price.

How easily could i get leopard to work almost 100% on the gateway?

I have run iatkos before, but it was too mooded from the original version of tiger that i did not like it, so I am trying to get something that will run the actual os as closely as possible with some minor tweaks to get sound and internet working and other minor things. Right now i am leaning towards the gateway because of its specs, but i am hesitant since i do not know how easily i could get an almost 100% legit instal of leopard working without using a moded version.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for all the help in advanced.

Tip

P.S. I do have a unhacked-retail version of leopard.

Dell XPS M1530 works well. Be sure to check out Macgirl's thread on Dell laptops in the Tutorials Bar

By the way, the best method in my opinion is:

1. Install iAtkos v4i - Full Vanilla whatever

2. Install everything that's missing with Pacifist! - This includes the default background, Alex Speech voice, Chess and Dictionary. Am I missing anything?

Then you have an install that's basically the same as retail!

i would like to have a 17inch laptop, so is the gateway a good alternative (except minus the camera)? I have been searching on google and here for a long time and havent really found much on laptops. I would like to get the gateway, just want to know how easily i could get leopard working and how similar it would be to a legit install?