Logic Pro 8 Phantom dialogs ....

Tangra

1 post in this topic

Hello,

I could mange a full working dual boot XP Pro and Leopard Kalyway 10.5.2 system inc, video audio network drivers firewire etc... on my new laptop MSI GX 700.

I could install Logic Studio without any problems, but what I found when boot Logic was a very interesting phantom behaviour.

If I try to open the Logic Preferences ->Audio dialog to switch from HD Audio ( internal laptop Realtek device ) to my Edirol FA101 firewire, then the Logic Audio Preference dialog does open or try to display in white and finally crash the Logic. During my multiple entries I found that I can not open some other Logic dialogs like "Save As" etc... Anyway I can insert software instruments, draw sequences play via midi etc and Logic works fine at least with the internal HD Audio default device. It's strange...

Further more:

1. I tried not to install the internal HD Audio laptop device, thinking that it causes the issue - no luck...

2. I updated Logic to 8.02 via Software update - same result...

3. I tried to install Leo4All - same issue.

4. I trashed Logic Preferences file multiple times without any result.

The video driver ( Nvinject 512 ) works fine for the laptop Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT card - Quartz Extreme is supported too.

Anyway it seems to be a video hardware issue somehow I guess or..?

In addition the machine requires " Boot_with_cpus=1_flag" patch otherwise comes into endless reboot - does 1 CPU can cause Logic phantom dialog issue ? The SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC is checked in the Customize install otherwise the machine can not boot after OS tall.

I still did not try on Leopard 10.5.4 since can not find any torrent DVD and I'm newable to do some update from 10.5.2 to 10.5.4, not sure if it will solve the Logic problem.

By the way I successfully ran Logic 8 on Tiger osx86 10.4.9 Universal on my old Pavilion zd8000 laptop ( its video card died a month ago ).

Here's my config:

---------------------------

Processor: Intel Core2 Duo T8100 @ 2.10Ghz

Video Card: Nvidia Geforce 8600M GT (512Mb video ram )

Audio Card: Realtek High Definition Audio

Memory: 3Gig RAM (DDR2)