Network Issue on Leo

iflisolo

8 posts in this topic

Thanks to everyone on the forums who have helped so far. But the time has come to ask for even more help! :thumbsup_anim: I successfully installed Mac Os Leopard on my PC and bypassed the welcome loop. But now comes the issue of the network. Apparently, under the networks tab in sys. properties none show up. However on my ubuntu/windows i can use the internet perfectly. I'm wondering whether i forgot to install a network driver and if so is there a way i can still use the internet? Thanks!

Or maybe i have to set up one?

Thanks to everyone on the forums who have helped so far. But the time has come to ask for even more help! :rolleyes: I successfully installed Mac Os Leopard on my PC and bypassed the welcome loop. But now comes the issue of the network. Apparently, under the networks tab in sys. properties none show up. However on my ubuntu/windows i can use the internet perfectly. I'm wondering whether i forgot to install a network driver and if so is there a way i can still use the internet? Thanks!

Or maybe i have to set up one?

What is your MOBO model and chipset type?.......it is likely that Ubuntu/Windows have built-in drivers for your on-board LAN chipset whereas OS X does not.....

Well, according to CPUz i have:

Motherboard:

-Dell Inc.

-0WG864

Chipset:

Intel P965/G965

And is it possible to download these drivers for osx? Thanks again!

Based on your MOBO I believe you have an Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 02) and so you could perhaps use ALC268, ALC883, or Azalia audio kexts.......download and run OSx86Tools to view your PCI Vendor/Device IDs and install the required audio kext...... :o

AS for LAN you likely have an Intel 82562V 10/100 Network Connection.....so check out this thread...... :P

Hey Verdant, how exactly do i go about installing kexts? :) Sorry i don't know much about those!

Once you have downloaded the required .kext files, you can install them using you can use, for example, Kext Helper b7....which you may have installed as a3rd Party application when installing OS X via Kalyway DVD........or OSx86Tools...... :P

After taking verdants advice about the kexts, i still can't use the internet on my Dell E520. Apparently other people are dealing with the same problem of not having the right driver to allow networking. :( so im on hold with my Osx installation for now.