is it possible to install Leopard on dv5-1026eo?

dTd

13 posts in this topic

Hi!

pretty new here and I have an pretty simple question, I have this HP dv5 pc.

And I want to know if it is possible to install Leopard on this computer? since it does have amd it could be some trouble or how is that? and how is it with drivers to the components?

Thanks for any answers :P

hmm I hav an mp3 player with 8 gigs tho, but what I just did was burn the iso file on a dvd, and made an new unformated parttion on about 40 gig. Then when I boot from the dvd it stops on "using acpi rsdp revision 2".

never tryied anything like this before, do I need to do something else befor I try to boot from the dvd?

okey thanks for fast reply :)

just one more question, when/if I get lucky with booting from the dvd I would get an screen or something there I can choose where I want to install this? Just so it dont suddenly overwrite my vista...

edit: having hard time to find ASPI and SMART in my bios meny :/ tryed to google it too but I didnt fint anything usefull, shal try some more tho

okey, shal try to borrow an external hd then, but what shall I do then?

somehow disable the other hd and use the external as an "clean" disk or something? I mean if I just connect the external hd and try to lanch the install again I wold be back at the same problem? or will it understand that it should install on the external disk?

aha now I see...

but what's kinda lame is that the install stops at "using acpi rsdp revision 2"... and I cant find ASPI and SMART in the bios meny :/

thanks for your patience btw ^_^

but then again I can choose to boot from the external disk befroe internal disk and that might work -_-

okey, I waited for like 5 minutes and still nothing happend, and the laptop got really warm so I aborted it... well thx for your help this far, I shal try to borrow and external disk or maybe by one, and then return here and hopefully with posetive results :blink: