Dell Inspiron 1526

hoonu

9 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if any flavor of OSX86 can be install on this laptop? Specs are as follows.

AMD Turion TL60

ATI Radeon Xpress X1270

2 GB RAM

ATI SATA controller

This has been asked before in the past and I was hoping someone was successful doing this. Thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...

hi guys

I'm actually downloading JAS 10.5.4 to try on my own hackintosh (dell Inspiron 1526) becouse I couldn't install JAS 10.4.8 on it (Didn´t detect my SATA HD) neither Kalyway 10.5.2 (didn't boot). :mellow:

If someone had luck with this model let me know please I´m really tired of Vista and Ubuntu is great but I don't have sound nor WiFi. :(

I know i have to pray and look for the drivers to make this baby work, I've never used MacOS but everyone say is great, I espect so.

Hardware

MOBO ATI R690

Video ATI Radeon X1270

Ethernet Realteck 8139/810x

IEE394 RICOH OHCI R5C832

AUDIO AZALIA / ATI RADEON X1200 SERIES (SIGMATHEL HD -WINDOWS-)

WiFi BROADCOM BCM4310 (BCM4312CGM -LABEL- )

SATA ATI

I'm gonna tell you what happen soon

I,ve download Jas 10.5.4 and I couldn't start up the installation ;) , I found that's my sata HD and DVD drive, I read something about UpHuck would be a good option but I'm giving up. also I found that if you run MacOS on VMware you can run the same virtual hard disk in virtualbox but faster, I've tried JAS 10.4.8 with a Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB of RAM and I felt it so slow.

• 4 weeks later...

I've found this one http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...aded&start= is the same chipset and said with those Leopard worked :)

iAKTOS 4.0a ("with ide" I'm gonna try with USB drive )

sb600 package

I've downloaded Uphuck 10.4.9 3 V1.3 and I'm still having troubles with my sata hd (Other 4.5 GB, if you want to burn the image which comes with CDR extension in windows just change the extension to ISO and it's all)

I'm looking how to use boot 123 to get my Kext working since the begining, if someone knows where I can read about it please tell me.

and now to download iAKTOS :P

I've found more at

http://www.insanelymac.com/lofiversion/ind...hp/t121518.html

but I don't have external DVD drive :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

I know this is an old forum, but I am replying anyways.

This is my third Hackintosh, and I wouldn't recommend it except for the fact that almost everything works, relatively easy.

I used the iPC 10.5.6 Patched PPF7 for Intel/AMD SSE2/SSE3 support. This worked where the JaS 10.4.8 would not.

I have to boot the installer with -v and -x I think, but oftentimes I get KP; I also use -v -f and that works I think.

All I did was the following:

Graphics patches - none

Audio patches - none (I used a codec dump and AppleHDAPatcher v1.2)

Kernel - 9.5.0 Voodoo Kernel Final

USB - none (seems to work fine, recognizes my built in-camera too)

PS/2 - Needs one of those PS/2 patches, cause w/o them you get no KB&Mouse

Chipset - AppleNForceATA

Fixes and patches - probably needs something but seems okay w/o any

I hope this helps somebody, because there really isn't a lot of information on this laptop. I would definately like to know how to get the X1270 video working; I have read that some people get external displays working but the laptop screen then stays black. Maybe they should try booting with PCIRootUID=1 ? or 0?

And if anyone knows the simplest way to get 10.6 on a laptop like this, feel free to post it. I haven't read enough into what to use quite yet.