can't find Mac OS Driver Kernel Panic

gambit0608

4 posts in this topic

Hello,

i had a near perfect kaly install running 10.5.4 on an intel badaxe 2 and a q6600 w a 8800gt. One day after booting up i can't get past the grey screen, i just get the "grey screen of death" with an error message that say Mac OS Driver can't be found and Kernel Panic. Any ideas? this started about two weeks ago. not sure if the latest security update made it through and broke the install, nothing else could have been installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

How long have you been doing combo updates for?

Since 10.5?

Since 10.5.1?

Since 10.5.2?

I started with 10.5.2 did a combo update to 10.5.3, an Apple update to 10.5.4 and an Apple update security patch.

Though at one stage Mac just wouldn't work for me. Got kernel panics all the time, no matter how often I reinstalled or repartitioned or completely erased entire drive, the repartitioned it from the beginning!

So this turned me off any sort of multi-boot for about 4 months.

Then I came back to the 'Scene' with a hell of a lot of confidence, and got XP, Mac & Linux (SuSE) all running perfectly! (apart from a little GRUB error with Mac)

:(

So my advice to you, just give it another go.

Panarchy

running updates since 10.5.1 all the way through 10.5.4 for the last 6-8 months.

i'm going to give it another go : )

How long have you been doing combo updates for?

Since 10.5?

Since 10.5.1?

Since 10.5.2?

I started with 10.5.2 did a combo update to 10.5.3, an Apple update to 10.5.4 and an Apple update security patch.

Though at one stage Mac just wouldn't work for me. Got kernel panics all the time, no matter how often I reinstalled or repartitioned or completely erased entire drive, the repartitioned it from the beginning!

So this turned me off any sort of multi-boot for about 4 months.

Then I came back to the 'Scene' with a hell of a lot of confidence, and got XP, Mac & Linux (SuSE) all running perfectly! (apart from a little GRUB error with Mac)

:P

So my advice to you, just give it another go.

Panarchy