Kalyway

coldmac

3 posts in this topic

I don't know how to use kalyway, I'm sorry but I'm new to this and it says I have to add kext to the boot, I tried doing it without the kexts but then the install says there are things missing from the cd. How do I do this? Right now I am using windows vista home premium and I have an XPS 410. Thank you for your help ;)

Edit-Oh and in case this helps I am using kalyway version 10.5.2

Hi I am also trying to install this version on a dell dimension 9200 which is almost identical to the xps. When I load the installer it hangs and repeats still waiting for boot device, when I get to these two lines.

Waiting for boot volume with UUID (super long hex number)

Waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><stringID="1">IOResources</string><stringID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

I don't know if this is helpful to finding out whats wrong but here is a rundown of whats in my pc

Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHZ

One SATA HDD (its the standard dell I don't know the ID)

One IDE HDD with SATA adapter (maxtor 200 gb)

2.0 gb ram

geforce 8600 gt

wintv card (could this be pissing it off?)

dell dvd+rw drive

I tried changing the jumper on the maxtor hdd to master/slave instead of CS but it made no difference

i get the same thing on my toshiba laptop, first i get that theni get still waiting for root device and i dont know what to do :(

p.s does anyone know how to fix the problem?, on my dell inspron 530s with intel g33/g31 chipset i get to the mac installation screen and i get an error saying some volume isnt found, i dont know what to do there either?