Realtek ALC653

frunobulax

2 posts in this topic

Posted this erroneously elsewhere...

Hello all (well, at least I hope there'll be an "all" who look at this)

Apologies in advance if I should have found an existing thread on this particular problem.

Hardware spec is as follows:

Kalyway 10.5.2

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

2GB RAM

GeForce 8500GT 512MB

Foxconn 761GX mobo - SiS chipset

Onboard Realtek ALC653 AC97

The last item is the problem. After three weeks of cursing and reinstalling, video card is working correctly, USB 2.0 support is operational, all cores and QE etc are behaving themselves. As for the audio, I've tried every version of the "drivers" on the disk, HDA Enabler, and good few others, with no success (and I have no idea how to achieve a Linux codec dump). The BIOS features an option to choose between AC97 and Azalia, but neither has any effect. I have gotten the impression that the ALC653 is hardly a rare beast, and figure somebody out there must know how to bend it to our will.

• 1 year later...
Posted this erroneously elsewhere...

Hello all (well, at least I hope there'll be an "all" who look at this)

Apologies in advance if I should have found an existing thread on this particular problem.

Hardware spec is as follows:

Kalyway 10.5.2

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+

2GB RAM

GeForce 8500GT 512MB

Foxconn 761GX mobo - SiS chipset

Onboard Realtek ALC653 AC97

The last item is the problem. After three weeks of cursing and reinstalling, video card is working correctly, USB 2.0 support is operational, all cores and QE etc are behaving themselves. As for the audio, I've tried every version of the "drivers" on the disk, HDA Enabler, and good few others, with no success (and I have no idea how to achieve a Linux codec dump). The BIOS features an option to choose between AC97 and Azalia, but neither has any effect. I have gotten the impression that the ALC653 is hardly a rare beast, and figure somebody out there must know how to bend it to our will.

Posting here your Linux codec dump, please...