Can someone please help me

skypete

21 posts in this topic

i am trying to install 10.54 evertime it goes to choose hardrive it would try to install but only about thirty percent then it will freeze. can someone please explain how to also install the driver or is it preinstalled with the KALAWAY DVD. my system is a asus striker extreme 2 8800 gts nividia cards as well as a intel q6600 quad cpu. i really appreciate this i am new sorry.

i am trying to install 10.54 evertime it goes to choose hardrive it would try to install but only about thirty percent then it will freeze. can someone please explain how to also install the driver or is it preinstalled with the KALAWAY DVD. my system is a asus striker extreme 2 8800 gts nividia cards as well as a intel q6600 quad cpu. i really appreciate this i am new sorry.

Hi there,

Firstly, you cannot run 2 x nVidia GFX cards under OS X (with or without SLI mode)...... :(

Secondly, are you using a SATA or PATA DVDRW and SATA and/or PATA HDDs....?

Thirdly, are you using a PS/2 or USB keyboard AND mouse (see below)....?

For Intel CPU and nForce chipset MOBOs check out the excellent threads by Mysticus C* http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=87901

and http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=109102

Kalyway seems to work for most people most of the time.....since you have an NForce chipset MOBO you cannot install vanilla i.e. stock kernels.......

Or try iDeneb v1.1 10.5.4......See my latest blog entry on how I installed it on a SATA HDD on a 650i nForce chipset MOBO..... :)

If you follow Mysticus C*'s guides carefully they should get you going OK...his guides and updater packages have got me up to running 10.5.4 on a 650i MOBO with a Q6600..... :)

If you need further clarification on each step read the Kalyway 10.5.2 (IMHO the preferred choice because of giving no SUIDs errors) and iATKOSv2.0i 10.5.2 install guides in my blog......other forum readers and members have posted saying that it helped them install OS X successfully on an Asus Striker Extreme 680i nForce chipset MOBO.....both Kalyway 10.5.2 (see here posts by icemantaz) and iATKOS v2.0i 10.5.2 (see posts here on pages 81 and 82 by sQuadron)...... :)

Starting points:

Use a USB keyboard AND USB mouse....in your BIOS

Set SATA as "AHCI" or Serial-ATA Configuration [Enabled] depending on BIOS SATA options

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]

i am using usb mouse and keyboard as well as sata and pata drives but it only reads the ide so u think i should get a 10 .5.2 thanks guys for the replys.

i will get 10.5.2 and donate for sure. so it is not compatable with 8800gts cards at all i the 320mb version. also will i be able by any chance to run final cut pro thanks again guys.

i am using usb mouse and keyboard as well as sata and pata drives but it only reads the ide so u think i should get a 10 .5.2 thanks guys for the replys.

i will get 10.5.2 and donate for sure. so it is not compatable with 8800gts cards at all i the 320mb version. also will i be able by any chance to run final cut pro thanks again guys.

For 8800GTS 320MB card try using EFIStudio..... :( BUT only with 1 8800GTS card installed.....

i am sorry but how do i install the efistudio. thanks.

EFIStudio is an application.....after extracting it from the .zip file (using Stuffit Expander in OS X for example) you just open it and choose the appropriate EFI string for you GFX card...... :P

do i open it in windows or in mac thanks verdant for all your help.

Within OS X......as it is a .app file not a .exe file..... :P

do i open it in windows or in mac thanks verdant for all your help.

o sorry misread your reply i am still having problems with installation i am using also a sata dvd burner could that also be an issue.

If the SATA DVDRW is causing you a problem you would likely be getting on a -v booting a "SAM multimedia read/write" error message.....but hopefully as long as you have AHCI or SATA enabled in the BIOS you should be OK....what are the problems you are having .......

k AHCI or SATA where would that be located at in the bios the striker has so much bios features it is at times confusing thanks again

You should look under Advanced menu for SATA Controller Mode or similar.....and also have in BIOS

Execute Disable Bit [Enabled]

ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

ACPI Suspend Mode [s3] or [s1] or [s1 and S3]

ok this is the latest update on installation when i install kalaway 10.51 it boots up into the choose hardrive part i would select the hardrive of choice then it would install then freeze next when i install 10 .5 .2 it would boot up to the black screen and give a message apple n force ata found o units and still waiting for root device.

ok this is the latest update on installation when i install kalaway 10.51 it boots up into the choose hardrive part i would select the hardrive of choice then it would install then freeze next when i install 10 .5 .2 it would boot up to the black screen and give a message apple n force ata found o units and still waiting for root device.

Have you partitioned your hard drive as Master Boot Record (MBR) or GUID, and formatted it as HFS+ (Journaled)?......generally MBR gives people fewer issues than GUID (GPT) partitioning.......what are your current BIOS settings?.......also it would be better if you use Kalyway 10.5.2 OS X Install DVD.......I remember having some problems with Kalyway 10.5.1.....

can you please tell me how to get the audio working or is it preinstalled with the kalayway dvd thanks again.

Firstly, are you now running Kalyway OS X 10.5.2 without any problems apart from the audio? It will be helpful for other users to know.....especially if you give some details...... :D

Secondly, your Striker Extreme MOBO has the Asus SupremeFX Audio Card with 7.1 channel support via ADI1988B HD Audio codec.....same as my MOBO, so run the Taruga_AD1988b_rev3_Installer package downloaded from

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=30545

....... ;)

no not yet i am trying to reformat my hardrive now so i have a clean install. and will try to install upon finishing thanks again

one more thing how do i format hard drive as Master Boot Record (MBR) or GUID, and formatted it as HFS+ (Journaled)thanks verdana

but what is it i am sorry.

Once you have booted from the DVD, chosen your Main Language, you will be able to choose Disk Utility from the top menu bar......in left column you highlight your HDD name and go across to Partition in the right column, and choose how many volumes you want to partition the HDD into (and also the volume formats, e.g. Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for OS X) into AND IMPORTANTLY click on "Options" to choose the partition format, i.e. Master Boot Record (also called MBR).......

• 4 weeks later...
Once you have booted from the DVD, chosen your Main Language, you will be able to choose Disk Utility from the top menu bar......in left column you highlight your HDD name and go across to Partition in the right column, and choose how many volumes you want to partition the HDD into (and also the volume formats, e.g. Mac OS Extended (Journaled) for OS X) into AND IMPORTANTLY click on "Options" to choose the partition format, i.e. Master Boot Record (also called MBR).......

ok i followed what u say and when i try to format the drive it says error even when i try to partition it does the same. can someeone please help do i need to do a patch before i install the cd i dl kalaywa 10.5.2