Civ IV on Dell Inspiron 1525 hackintosh. [SOLVED]

Chaz_UK

2 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I've recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 1525 to play around with OSX86 and have tried to run Civilization IV onto it but I'm having an issue with it.

The screen turns completely off but the game is running as I can hear the audio. According to the Aspyr game agent, the GMA x3100 is not supported for Civ IV but can the real macbooks run it fine? If not, any ideas why I have no video at all?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

This is posted here also but I found a solution to my problem and wanted to share it with others who may have this issue:

I posted above about having issues when gaming on my hackbook but I have found a solution for myself.

All I need to do is get all my games to run windowed to prevent the screen from changing resolution. I'm doing this by screen sharing from my iMac into my Hackbook and even tho the screen goes blank on my hackbook I still have it on my iMac through leopards screen sharing feature. Just a simple setup to prevent games going full screen and I exit the game.

Back to the hackbook, sleep display, move mouse then run the game which runs windowed without a screen resolution change!

I've been playing Halo and Civ IV on my Hackbook windowed all morning and the performance is good enough for me considering what the GMA x3100 is capable of.

I hope it is of some use to some people!