SAPPHIRE 3850/Kalyway 10.5.2

Mac-N00b

2 posts in this topic

Ok, I'm trying to install Kalyway 10.5.2 on my computer. I know it can be done, because I've done it before, with a different video card. My old hardware config:

Foxconn P9657AB-8EKRS2H

Intel Pentium 4 530 (for now, till I can afford a Q6600, lol) :wacko:

4GB Wintec DDR2 800 (2x2Gb Matched pair, in Dual Channel)

SONY SATA DVD+RW (to get past JMicron controller prob's... aaargh, what a hassle!) :whistle:

Western Digital WD4000AAKS 400GB SATAII HDD

SAPPHIRE ATi Radeon X1550 256Mb GDDR2 PCIe

New config has swapped X1550 for a new SAPPHIRE ATi Radeon HD 3850 512Mb GDDR3 PCIe. I'm not sure how to get my new video card working. I tried wiping my HD, and beginning a new install. I booted up the DVD no problem, and OS X appeared to install with no trouble, but when I reboot after install, it gives me the "you need to restart your computer" message. :D Can anyone help me? I installed it before, with my old vid card, with no trouble at all except it was realllly slow video. Any help would be awesome. :wacko:

• 1 month later...

Hi guys. i seem to have the same problem. the install goes fine and then it gets to darwins boot loader. i get the grey apple then i get some funky screen that i cant being to describe. i swapped out my GPU for a cheapo £15 that i bought and i get in fine.

So there must be something wrong with the drivers im guessing. And also my graphic's card is so hot that touching it makes me feel like my hands in the kettle!!!