No DVD backup playback on frontrow?

rabbagasten

4 posts in this topic

I have installed Kalyway 10.5.1 and upgraded to 10.5.4, on the mostly compatible Asus P5K-e mainboard. Everything works just fine, but I seem to be unable to play movies from video_ts folders. Could this be because I have a external DVD player? Anybody knows about a decent fix for this? (Ripping all movies is out of question).

I can't play VIDEO_TS folders with the DVD Player as well - it always crashes. I'm on Kalyway 10.5.4 too. If the VIDEO_TS folder is burnt to a DVD it works fine. If I need to play a VIDEO_TS folder, I just use VLC; it works fine.

It`s probably no good fix for this issue now. I will probably leaving Front Row and use Plex with Media Stream instead. Thx for the reply. Always good to not be alone! ;L

• 1 month later...
It`s probably no good fix for this issue now. I will probably leaving Front Row and use Plex with Media Stream instead. Thx for the reply. Always good to not be alone! ;L

Did you ever find a solution? I am on Kalyway 10.5.2 and while video_ts playback works fine in front row on my macbook it fails here. I'm trying to use this as a media computer, so even if I have to use something other than front row that's fine. Thanks