Leopard KalyWay Installation Unsuccessful and need your help!

J0~than

4 posts in this topic

Hello, firstly, this is my cpu spec:

Intel p4 , 3.0 ghz, ASUS P5PE-VM

HDD 120 gb SATA Seagate

Memory RAM 1 gb

VGA, Nvidia Geforce FX 128 mb

Firstly, I'm trying to install from kalyway dvd, I did installed all the kernel including vannilakernel and modbinkernel(even I don't know what this kernel for), NVidia driver also installed(all nvidia drivers), Network Drivers(all), Mobo _Chipsets (all), SSE2_Jas1048_ACPI_APIC(all), and all patches. The installation ran succesfully without any error, but there's some problem, everytime I try to boot into the machdd, it always make my computer restart again and again. I already tried with -x, and then -F and other code from help, and then I also tried to use vannilakernel and other kernel, but it doesn't work and my computer keep restarted everytime I want to boot this mac os x. Please... I need Help.... Thx

OH!

Hold on.

Read carefully and do it step by step:

Don't chose all kernel, just leave the first selected.

Chose carefully your Graphics Driver and use the closest one (passing your mouse over choices you have "balloon tip" information about it, so check what fits you better), only nVidia main package and your driver closest selection package.

Your network is Attansic L1 Ethernet, (atherosl1_mac.zip) it will solve your network problem after installation.

Let mobo-chipsets all selected, it doesn't have effect on installation.

Don't select anything else cos is unnecessary .

Remember at the early beginning to erase (HFS Extended Jurnaled) your HD with DiskUtility before packages choice.

If it is the only HD on pc thats ok, if it is partitioned and you have another Operating System things are more complicated.

I finally managed to installed in and run the Mac OS X. There's a problem with USB devices, it can read the USB devices but I can't find any folder of this USB devices/flash memory, and the quarz extreme also doen't work.

I finally managed to installed in and run the Mac OS X. There's a problem with USB devices, it can read the USB devices but I can't find any folder of this USB devices/flash memory, and the quarz extreme also doen't work.

Check that your kernel version and system.kext versions match.......and see this thread.....there is a USB Fix v1.3 that works from Mysticus C*....... :censored2:

As for GFX card what model GeForce FX card is it...?