Asus G1S: Cannot boot up Kalyway 10.5.2 or iATKOS 10.5.4

Sony Vaio

3 posts in this topic

I've read all of the tutorials, and they all assume that the machine should at least reach the disk utility stage, but with Kalyway, my system simply freezes well before I can even get there. The disc is fine because I have used it to install OS X on many other computers. Also, I've tried using "cpus=1 -v" and no luck.

The iATKOS 10.5.4 disc takes me to the Apple loading screen and remains there forever, with the loading circle constantly spinning. I've tried booting in Darwin with -v, and the system hangs just like with the Kalyway loader.

I've set the bios to "compatible" for IDE/SATA.

I'm completely lost because everyone here seems at least able to install the OS on their G1S, while I can't even reach step 2 on mine. :)

Oracle, the Kalyway DVD just hangs, while the iATKOS DVD actually takes me to the Apple loading screen. I waited for over 30 minutes, and the logo just kept spinning. The iATKOS DVD needs to be patched for Asus motherboards, right? I was under the assumption that the Kalyway 10.5.1 DVD works just fine if I use the "cpus=1" method, but this doesn't work with Kalyway 10.5.2.