[Problem] Wake-from-sleep issue on GA-P35-DS3L

tmmuk

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've just set up a 10.5.4 system on an GA-P35-DS3L based system as per weaksauce12's guide. It's almost working 100%, however I have one issue. Sleep works (S3 in bios) on the vanilla kernel, however when I wake the computer from sleep, the graphics look pixelated/distorted, and the response is really sluggish.

System Specs:

Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L

Intel Quad Core Q6600 2.4GHz (stock HSF) (all 4 cores working great)

4GB (2x2GB) OCZ DDR2 (4gb detected, used this as recommened in the guide above, to get 1066mhz speed set and showing in sys profiler)

2x SATA hdd (one OS, one for Data)

SATA DVDrw drive

XFX Nvidia 7900GT (tried with Nvinject - Nvinstaller .52, and Natit latest version, both drivers have same wake-from-sleep issue).

I have a 1680x1050 screen on the first DVI socket of the 7900GT, speakers, a Belkin wifi card (F5D7001uk - worked great OOB) and a USB keyboard/mouse.

Essentially, after I wake-from-sleep (with the power button), I have to reboot in order to get the graphics displaying properly again.

Any help on fixing this would be much appreciated! Thanks

(I'll try to get a screenshot but it may be difficult as the computer is so sluggish on wake-from-sleep)

EDIT: Oops just realised - Mods feel free to move this to the Leopard subforum if it's in the wrong place.

I recommend searching for LEO_GA_P35_DS4_PACK_v12.zip and install this on a clean DVD 10.5.3 installation. Use EFIStudio part of Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.zip (can be found easily also to download) and write string to com.apple.Boot.plist file instead of using NVINJECT. That works great for me on an equal board. Upgrading to 10.5.4 online no problem!

;)

I recommend searching for LEO_GA_P35_DS4_PACK_v12.zip and install this on a clean DVD 10.5.3 installation. Use EFIStudio part of Chameleon_DFE_for_Hard_Disk.zip (can be found easily also to download) and write string to com.apple.Boot.plist file instead of using NVINJECT. That works great for me on an equal board. Upgrading to 10.5.4 online no problem!

:)

Thanks for the reply. Isn't that pack for DS4 boards, not DS3L? And which 10.5.3 DVD should I use? Also, could you explain the EFIStudio and Chameleon part more, I dont understand...? Another thing i noticed, if I boot with -v, I always get Failed to load extension com.orByte.driver.PCGenUSBEHCI in yellow (error), and a couple of other errors like this.

I thought this board was compatible with Leopard? Any pointers to a guide that should get it all working 100%? Thanks!

One other thing I noticed, my q6600 is running with all four cores somewhere between 44-55*C IDLE. This seems a bit too hot. I have an Antec P180 with 2 120mm exhaust fans (rear+top), and one 120mm fan in the bottom section (in between the PSU and HDD cage). All running on medium. I tried reseating the HSF and cleaning off all the thermal paste (and re-doing it), but that hasn't helped. Do I need more fans? or is osx not running the CPU fan hot enough? puzzled.....