EFI Vanilla and time-stamp

victorz

1 post in this topic

Hi Im trying to get a vannilla version of leopard installed a pc box that has a intel core 2 duo processor when i installed kalaway 10.5.1 on my first computer which was a test comp untill my new mobo arrived it installed with no problem. But then after booting into xp and doing the chain zero i did another restart and 0S X 86 showed up i selected it and it goes to the darwin boot loader menu and i selected my leopard partition and the in about 2 seconds it shows warning we are going backwards resetting timing and quickly reboots it doesnt seem to get into the apple loading screen it is still in the darwin boot loader when this error occurs it also happends so quickly that i coudnt see the text until i figured out the pause key actually has a use. I read online than some people think it has something to do with the bios or the internal clock, and some other guy got it to work by changing the FSB from 200 to 205 and it worked for him, but i tried this on bolth computers and no success. so latter i just did the no vanilla install. it worked, except for a couple of drivers but that wasnt a problem. another thing sometimes some where around every couple of dozen of restarts it seems to do this again and then it restarts and boots fine. I then did a Kalaway install with vannila kernel and a iatkos the newest version its like 4 something i think. but still no success it had an option to use the new boot loader or the old 9.2 ToH_darwin bootloader and the new one would just do the timestampthing bolth kalway and iatkos v4 work only if non vannilla installs can anybody answer this? I been thinking do i get rid bios and install efi?