IAtkos v1.0ir2 constantly reboots after upgrade to 10.5.3

Technoman

2 posts in this topic

I'm running an IBM T43 (SSE2/ATI/Broadcom) and had IAtkos v1.0ir2 working perfectly. However, I need to upgrade to 10.5.3 or higher to continue to use the iPod SDK.

I used this guide http://news.metaparadigma.de/?p=274 and followed it to the letter without issue. Upon booting, the grey apple screen loads with throbber but then freezes and reboots. Safe mode, debug mode, and reload kextcache flags all result in the same effect. Debug mode doesn't show any panics the stream just ends after finding the root device saying:

syncing all disk... Killing all processes

continuing
done
MACH reboot

I've tried replacing my kernel with the one on the iAtkos DVD live system but with no effect.

I'm NOT computer illiterate and not even that big of a Mac newbie so lay it on and I'll try to understand it.

I'm open to reinstalling but would prefer to fix this where possible. Also, if reinstalling is the answer, could someone point me to the best combo update to use to get to 10.5.3 or higher? (and yes, I've tried iAtkos 4i, Kalway 10.5.3, and Jas Intel Client Server, all fail for me)

Alright, reinstalled and used a 10.5.1 - 10.5.4 upgrade I found online. That fixed it.

Now I've got 10.5.4, Ethernet, sound, mic, wireless (sort of iwi2200), ATI M300 working at max resolution, bluetooth, and all that remains is to tweak fan control a bit, and get the power meter working.