JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3:Setup?

GiaFast

8 posts in this topic

Hello!

I've downloaded the JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3 but after installing it,

my system (laptop Asus A6VA, intel Centrino) stucks when there is only the grey screen and the apple.

1) i have only downloaded the Jas Osx86 10.5.4 Client Server... .iso and burned it.

Do i need to pach something?

Is there any detailed guide on how to make the setup of this release?

I can see from the topic

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=120269

that there are a lot of people who manage to make it working. Could you guys, share (write down) step by step how to install this version of OS including patches?

Thank you so much!

The "fast"

Hello!

I've downloaded the JaS OSx86 10.5.4 Client Server Intel SSE2 SSE3 but after installing it,

my system (laptop Asus A6VA, intel Centrino) stucks when there is only the grey screen and the apple.

1) i have only downloaded the Jas Osx86 10.5.4 Client Server... .iso and burned it.

I can see from the topic

that there are a lot of people who manage to make it working. Could you guys, share (write down) step by step how to install this version of OS including patches?

Thank you so much!

The "fast"

mate please used search button,it my help you easily than opening another topic... here are the links:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry872681

http://osx86.darkstar.net/osX86/Home.html

I hope this will answer all your problems..

mate please used search button,it my help you easily than opening another topic... here are the links:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry872681

http://osx86.darkstar.net/osX86/Home.html

I hope this will answer all your problems..

Thank you for the links man.

I didn't wanted to waste a new topic.

I could not find the solution in the 2 links because my problem is that:

the system start to load and FREEZE when there is the grey background with the apple.

(it's not the root device problem).

Is there any patched version of Os 10.5 ?

Well, honestly, I had trouble with the JaS 10.5.4 CL/SR. It installed fine, but after restart, my ethernet card, which is out-of-the-box supported, wasn't detected. What I did was, install iATKOS 4i then installed the three server packages. Works perfectly.

Hello!

I can see from the topic

Thank you so much!

The "fast"

I install JAS 10.5.4 and working perfectly and I mean it on intel quad cores cpu.... hereis some hints, try first take a look at your mobo bios, Hard drive and DVD should be AHCI and not RAID if possible and in some case a must, also try different settings if did not works. Always in the begining boot the DVD with -V so you can see the error messages not stuck in the front of the grey apple screen. Second if you have a dual or more cores cpu, you may want to try it the boot of DVD with: cpus=1 -v in order to overcome some freezing or rebooting (means that you are using one core of your cpu's, can be fix later by moding your bios or here I suggest to you to save your mobo bios first thing, in case you need to upgrade or downgrade your bios in order to overcome this issue)

Also try using a usb keyboard and mouse as some times down the road with installation, you will find your self with no keyb no mouse, stuck.but the problem can be fix later after installation with a small patch included in the DVD Jas.

Also when you are in the installation menu, do not choose the server but rather the client because the first you need a good serial number.

in the end before the good luck, read read read you will be surprise how much you need to learn in order to fix the problem may encounter during the installation, because not all the hardware are compatible so you have to come around it to fix it. Good luck :D

I install JAS 10.5.4 and working perfectly and I mean it on intel quad cores cpu.... hereis some hints, try first take a look at your mobo bios, Hard drive and DVD should be AHCI and not RAID if possible and in some case a must, also try different settings if did not works. Always in the begining boot the DVD with -V so you can see the error messages not stuck in the front of the grey apple screen. Second if you have a dual or more cores cpu, you may want to try it the boot of DVD with: cpus=1 -v in order to overcome some freezing or rebooting (means that you are using one core of your cpu's, can be fix later by moding your bios or here I suggest to you to save your mobo bios first thing, in case you need to upgrade or downgrade your bios in order to overcome this issue)

Also try using a usb keyboard and mouse as some times down the road with installation, you will find your self with no keyb no mouse, stuck.but the problem can be fix later after installation with a small patch included in the DVD Jas.

Also when you are in the installation menu, do not choose the server but rather the client because the first you need a good serial number.

in the end before the good luck, read read read you will be surprise how much you need to learn in order to fix the problem may encounter during the installation, because not all the hardware are compatible so you have to come around it to fix it. Good luck :huh:

Thank for your usefull tips!

I tried to start again from scratch. I have installed the Jas release, i did not install the server package. I notice that if i select ALL the option to customize the installation the installation process stops after few seconds giving the error message "Data missing". If i do not select all the options the installation proceed succesfully.

After have istalled it, i selected the option "-v" as you suggested me. I can see a long list of messages. The last messages, before that it stops loading are:

VGA: family specific matching fails

ATIinkect: Setting Model= ATY, RadeonX1650

localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using defort bMacPro- instead

localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using defort bMacPro- instead

NTFS driver 2.1 [Flag: R/0]

NTFS volume name, version 3.1

Can you understanf from this list what's going wrong?

Thank you!

Thank for your usefull tips!

I tried to start again from scratch. I have installed the Jas release, i did not install the server package. I notice that if i select ALL the option to customize the installation the installation process stops after few seconds giving the error message "Data missing". If i do not select all the options the installation proceed succesfully.

After have istalled it, i selected the option "-v" as you suggested me. I can see a long list of messages. The last messages, before that it stops loading are:

VGA: family specific matching fails

ATIinkect: Setting Model= ATY, RadeonX1650

localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified Computer Name; using defort bMacPro- instead

localhost mDNSResponder[22]: Couldn't read user-specified local hostname; using defort bMacPro- instead

NTFS driver 2.1 [Flag: R/0]

NTFS volume name, version 3.1

Can you understanf from this list what's going wrong?

Thank you!

If you get that far with your installation, very good ;) . I would suggest to you though to reinstall it with minimum check list as possible as long as you know what type of hardware you have. You can check the following first and try if I remember correctly:

* Do not check the server, client then will be auto installed

* check one of the kernel, in my case I choose the stage... but you can choose the second ( depend on what type of cpu you have, no harm to try the first, if didn't work try the second)

* Do not check the video if your video card not listed there, you solve this issue later by looking for the right driver or enabler.

* same thing for the rest audio, device, smbios... check only if you know that it will match your hardware

Note: you may have to reinstall several times in order to figure out that this setting works for your hardware, so checking too much is not good keep it simple and then after solve it one by one by searching for your hardware drivers.

I made some (quite a lot of attemps) without succeed ;)

Starting from NO OPTIONS selected:

1) I tried the kernel "stage GNU" but it did not work at all

2) I tried the kernel "Intel SSE2..." and i got the error WAITING FOR ROOT DEVICE

then i tried to add to kerner INTEL other options like Chipset but still, it doesn't work.

I was wondering, is there a guide on how to choose options according to the HW?

Thank you

The Fast