Help me with partitions

4 posts in this topic

Ok I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 and did some googling and found this tutorial http://www.espressoreport.com/83/dell-insp...k-pro-tutorial/ and was wondering if you guys thought it would work.

Update now I partitioned my drive and it removed the recovery so i have like 15 gbs to mess around with. But I bured Kalyway and iAtkos v4i and tried to do them and selected boot from cd and it takes longer to boot but it doesnt boot up the install it just loads vista any help?

Thanks for the help in advance.

You don't need a tutorial to install on an external harddrive. Just plug it in and boot from the install DVD.

When you're at the desktop on the install DVD, open Disk Utility, pick your external hard drive and partition and format as needed.

Then proceed with the install and pick your external hard drive. Piece of cake.

Get rid of the RECOVERY partition? I mean, come on -- it's only Vista. Just because OEM's are too cheap to include their own discs anymore doesn't mean it should be hogging your hard drive.

Update now I partitioned my drive and it removed the recovery so i have like 15 gbs to mess around with. But I bured Kalyway and iAtkos v4i and tried to do them and selected boot from cd and it takes longer to boot but it doesnt boot up the install it just loads vista any help?