HD2600 PROPCIE Error on JAS 10.5.4

frazpro

1 post in this topic

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this area of running OSX on a PC platform but I have about 15 years of technical PC experience. I'm really interested in understanding the OSX platform and this is an ideal method of testing the water before splashing out on a proper hardware based solution.

The bad news is I havent managed to get particularly far on many of the distributions with lots of different messages - by and large though, I think my graphics card is the cause of a lot of the issues.

Anyhow, I have downloaded JAS 10.5.4 Client/Server as I noticed it had a very distinct driver package for my graphics card.

I have been through the installer quite a few times with a few different options but it gets to the same place each time - namely, the installer says 'less than a minute' to finish (I was sat there the first time with a massive grin on my face as I thought it had worked!!!) and then throws up:

failed with run postflight script for HD2600PROPCIE

My system:

Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS4

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300

4GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD3850 (PCI-Express)

I didnt select the 2600 but I'm assuming there is an overlap with the 3850 which is causing the installation problem.

Does anyone know what this script is supposedly doing so that I can investigate further please? I have googled but it doesnt bring up anything.

I will be trying more permutations on the installer tomorrow but it does take some trial and error as there are a lot of options in this distribution and I was kind of hoping someone knows what this means and can get me over this (hopefully) final hurdle.

If you can, I thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

Many thanks and kind regards