[flashing with blue screen][Zephyroth 10.5.2 Rev.2]

EdmondChang

2 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I have finished my installation(Zephyroth 10.5.2.Rev.2) and successfully boot into Leopard.

When installing it, I have chosen "NVidia kexts 10.5.2" and "NVinject 256MB"

However, after I logged into Leopard, the screen keep flashing with a light blue screen just after few seconds of normal use(no video, no games, just normal use).

It is NOT the refreshing thing on CRT display, I use LCD display. It just flashes like "normal diplay" -> "whole screen blue" -> "normal display". Sometimes with whole black screen like no display signal is inputed.

PS: I can change display resolution and refreshing rate. Now I get 1280*1024 @ 60HZ. Decrease the resolution doesn't solve this problem.

In System Profile it says that QE/CI is supported. I don't know whether this info is helpful to analyze the problem.

Anyone can tell what is wrong? The display driver or what else?...any suggestion?

My specs:

AMD Athlon 64 3000+

Biostar TForce550SE with nForce 550 chipset

Kingston DDR 512*2

Seagate 80G SATA

Galaxy GeForce 7300GT

Samsung SyncMaster 740N+ LCD display

• 4 months later...

Don't know if this is still an issue for you, but this just happened to me. The solution, embarassingly enough, was to push the monitor cable all the way in. :D The HDMI cable wasn't completely connected, so OS X kept trying to refresh the screen. Wish I had figured this out before I re-imaged the drive, but at least I had a recent backup image.

- Dave