Can't find the nano command

Ritchie

9 posts in this topic

I'm trying to fix me ac'97 audio with the guide on wiki but when I type the nano Info.plist it says nano command not found... I 'm using 10.4.4/5 installation, X11 and xcode tools from 10.4.3...

any help on that.. am I doing something wrong? ^_^

Are you logged in the terminal as root? i.e. sudo -s <password> or sudo nano info.plist should do

you can do this editing without terminal by the way just find the kext </System/Library/Extensions/ right click on the kext then choose show package contents

drag the info.plist to the desktop and edit using textedit save the changes made then drag the info.plist back into the location it's from finally repair disk permissions with disk utility and reboot

Are you logged in the terminal as root? i.e. sudo -s <password> or sudo nano info.plist should do

you can do this editing without terminal by the way just find the kext </System/Library/Extensions/ right click on the kext then choose show package contents

drag the info.plist to the desktop and edit using textedit save the changes made then drag the info.plist back into the location it's from finally repair disk permissions with disk utility and reboot

I use sudo -s but no nano no pico command... I use the textedit though but I couldn't find the information on the wiki about the nvdia Audio ac'97, but if the textedit it's the same I'll work it out...

ok, try this: instead of sudo -s type sudo su

and instead of nano or pico type /usr/bin/nano

TextEdit shoud do it, but since you run as user you can not save it, unless you save it in another place like desktop, then move it to the original directory

ok, try this: instead of sudo -s type sudo su

and instead of nano or pico type /usr/bin/nano

TextEdit shoud do it, but since you run as user you can not save it, unless you save it in another place like desktop, then move it to the original directory

nop... I think I'm going to reinstall it.. take a look..

Last login: Mon Mar 13 17:26:23 on console

-bash-2.05b$ sudo su

Password:

sudo: su: command not found

-bash-2.05b$ /usr/bin/nano

-bash: /usr/bin/nano: No such file or directory

-bash-2.05b$ sudo -s

bash-2.05b# /usr/bin/nano

bash: /usr/bin/nano: No such file or directory

bash-2.05b#