Solved

Kukushkin

1 post in this topic

Hi,

and sorry for such shouting topic title but I really need to attract an attention of as much people as possible to this problem. And from what you'll read bellow you could understand that I've tried almost every basic steps, googled and searched this forum for solutions numerous times and still no result.

The story is that I bought very expensive (at least for me) hardware Powercore X8 for pro audio work on my hackintosh. It is a firewire interface equipment with 8 onboard motorolla dsp's for audio processing. Several people reported that it's precedent model Powercore FireWire works well on hackintosh with p5k and GA-P35-DQ6 motherboards and X8 as someone supposed just a two PoCo fw units in one case. So I bought it and first tried on my previous hackintosh system with specs:

Mac OS X 10.4.10 Kalyway build

Asus P5WD2 premium

Intel D830

XFX GeForce 6600GT

Corsair Twin2X2048-5400C4 (2GB); TWIN2X1024-5400C4PRO (1GB)

Power: Chieftec GPS-450AA-101 A (450w)

DVD-R/RW Plextor PX-760A

Maxtor 7L300S0 300GB, Seagate 7200.9 160GB, 7200.10 500GB

RME Multiface II (pci-e)

And got the Internal Error (E000011F) in Powercore Messenger while plug-ins initiating process.

Than the era of Powercore problem solution began. First I found that PoCo fw units have some problems with onboard fw chips and I decided to bought ADS Tech PYRO1394 PCI Express (API-316) expansion card with Texas Instruments chip onboard. This card was reported to be the best one to work with TC electronics fw products and was highly reccomended by the TC electronics stuff. The day it arrives to me I thought woohoo my problem is over so I could sit down and produce something. I plugged my X8 in it and started plugins validation process and wtf Internal Error (E000011F) appeared again.

So I thought ok it's just my ancient mobo which is really the problem and builded a new hackintosh system with:

GA-EP45-DS4

Intel Q9450

DVD-R/RW Plextor PX-810SA

Corsair 520HX PSU

other specs is the same as on previous system

SOLVED using this method:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...OFirewireFamily