Kalyway 10.5.2 wont boot

phred_phred

25 posts in this topic

I am unable to boot with kalyway 10.5.2. when i boot it has the grey screen with the apple and the swirly thing, it tries to load, then tells me to reboot. I have tried to use -s and skip setup from there by making a password, but when i say reboot, it reboots, but tries to load and asks me to reboot :( . if i say quit after i do setup from -s, it appears with a bunch of text, and stops and says "localhost configd[63]: InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce".

I am trying to install it on an amd athlon x2 5400+, an asus m2n32 sli deluxe wireless edition, and a seagate PATA 200GB HDD, and 4GB of ram, 2 1GB 533MHZ sticks by patriot, and 2 1GB 800MHZ by corsair, and 2 nvidia GeForce 8600 GT's in SLI mode (each one has 256MB of RAM)

I'm having the same problem too. I successfully installed Kalyway 10.5.2 and got to the registration window and it froze. I've rebooted many times and now it won't even go pass the white apple splash screen with the loading under the apple logo.

My System:

AMD Athlon 64 FX-55

ASUS A8N SLI-Deluxe Motherboard

2 GB PC-3200 400MHz DDR2

74 GB Raptor SATA HD (Vista Installed) & 750 GB SATA HD (Data Drive & Partitioned 15 GB with 10.5.2 Installed)

Radeon HD 3870 512 MB

Can anyone help with this, any new patches/fixes that are available without having to re-install? Thanks!

I am unable to boot with kalyway 10.5.2. when i boot it has the grey screen with the apple and the swirly thing, it tries to load, then tells me to reboot. I have tried to use -s and skip setup from there by making a password, but when i say reboot, it reboots, but tries to load and asks me to reboot ;) . if i say quit after i do setup from -s, it appears with a bunch of text, and stops and says "localhost configd[63]: InterfaceNamer: timed out waiting for IOKit to quiesce".

I am trying to install it on an amd athlon x2 5400+, an asus m2n32 sli deluxe wireless edition, and a seagate PATA 200GB HDD, and 4GB of ram, 2 1GB 533MHZ sticks by patriot, and 2 1GB 800MHZ by corsair, and 2 nvidia GeForce 8600 GT's in SLI mode (each one has 256MB of RAM)

that is not an ideal setup for osx86. fyi, osx86 doesn't like SLI at all. also, amd+ nforce isn't great with kalyway, try a more nforce specific release like iATKOS, of which there is a specific version for nforce. also, amd has a specific version, zephyroth.

i tried zephyroth, same problem. Is it a graphics error, because i have SLI enabled. should i disconnect the sli bridge and see what happens?

Dual same model graphics cards and/or running under SLI is the problem AFIK......you will need to remove one of the graphics cards...... :yoji:

but can i just unhook the bridge between teh cards? or do i have to completely remove one of them?

My understanding is that there is a problem with either having 2 of the same graphics card installed or having 2 graphics cards linked in SLI mode and so by extension 2 of the same graphics card linked in SLI mode, and so one needs to be removed.....but I am happy to be proven incorrect on this..... :trumpet:

Hey, i have a similiar problem too

I'm trying to run kalyway 10.5.2 for an dual boot WIN XP/MAC OS X in my laptop

It is a Hp 530

Intel core duo 2.16 each core

2gb of ram 667

Intel GMA 945

and the rest is a sata hitachi 120 gb hard drive and a multi layer dvd

I sucessfully installer de kalyway and when i boot the software sometimes it just freeze when the apple gray logo with the swirl thing appers, there was some times that i could sucessfully enter in the mac os X after aswering the questions that come with the first mac os X boot, and i even have managed so open some things in the mac os X, but like allways just for a few seconds ( like 10 to 20 seconds) in the end it allways get's freezed, sometimes apears a message in varios languages that i should reboot my system and to do that i have to press de power button for a while, sometimes it just freeze and i have to reboot without any indication

Could you help me with this?? i wanted to try mac os X so much but mac hardware is so expensive, this is my only way to learn to work in mac os X

thank you :)

Ps: Sorry if my english is not that good, i'm a portuguese guy who learned english by playing video games , working with pc's and watching movies :) ( ok i had english class in school, but there we spent more the time learning how to say the verb to be in a million ways than really get to chat talk lol )

had to install twice, GUID dosent work with my system, and just FYI, if this dosent work, i might be able to get my hands on a fairly new dell, so im gonna be askin for help.

I use MBR as it seems to give fewer issues for people than GUID with Vista etc. Also you need to choose an installer DVD that will work with your AMD processor.....also suggest that you boot the DVD with "cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v" to avoid any RAM and Multi-core CPU issues..... :(

i just thought of something, i didnt install either of the SSE3 patches, and my processor is SSE3, would that make a difference?

Yes it would be better if you did..... ;)

Hey, i have a similiar problem too

I'm trying to run kalyway 10.5.2 for an dual boot WIN XP/MAC OS X in my laptop

It is a Hp 530

Intel core duo 2.16 each core

2gb of ram 667

Intel GMA 945

and the rest is a sata hitachi 120 gb hard drive and a multi layer dvd

I sucessfully installer de kalyway and when i boot the software sometimes it just freeze when the apple gray logo with the swirl thing appers, there was some times that i could sucessfully enter in the mac os X after aswering the questions that come with the first mac os X boot, and i even have managed so open some things in the mac os X, but like allways just for a few seconds ( like 10 to 20 seconds) in the end it allways get's freezed, sometimes apears a message in varios languages that i should reboot my system and to do that i have to press de power button for a while, sometimes it just freeze and i have to reboot without any indication

Could you help me with this?? i wanted to try mac os X so much but mac hardware is so expensive, this is my only way to learn to work in mac os X

thank you :)

Ps: Sorry if my english is not that good, i'm a portuguese guy who learned english by playing video games , working with pc's and watching movies :) ( ok i had english class in school, but there we spent more the time learning how to say the verb to be in a million ways than really get to chat talk lol )

Did you partition/format the OS X volume as MBR and Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?

Did you try install without selecting video and audio drivers? If not, boot from the DVD with cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v and do not select any video and audio drivers to start with.....

What were your Kalyway DVD selections that you tried to install?

Did you partition/format the OS X volume as MBR and Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?

Did you try install without selecting video and audio drivers? If not, boot from the DVD with cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v and do not select any video and audio drivers to start with.....

What were your Kalyway DVD selections that you tried to install?

well i kind of followed all these steps from this tutorial:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

to the first question yes i did it, to the second and third one's i really don't rememember selecting any drivers, may i call it standart installation? well the tutorial says in one part that i can choose some applications to install,i choose not to mess with that because i really didn't know what use of each one of them

well you can see in that guide what did i make wrong :(

by the way, i writed that thing you said cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v in the darwin boot loader without any dvd in the drive, and well its working very well so far :)

i don't know if this will keep this working well but i thank you a lot!! :D

well i kind of followed all these steps from this tutorial:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.ph...DualBoot_10.5.2

to the first question yes i did it, to the second and third one's i really don't rememember selecting any drivers, may i call it standart installation? well the tutorial says in one part that i can choose some applications to install,i choose not to mess with that because i really didn't know what use of each one of them

well you can see in that guide what did i make wrong :)

by the way, i writed that thing you said cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v in the darwin boot loader without any dvd in the drive, and well its working very well so far :P

i don't know if this will keep this working well but i thank you a lot!! :D

Since you have 2GB ram installed it should be OK to leave out maxmem=2048......the problem is with the dual core CPU and the OS X kernel you have installed if you cannot boot successfully without using cpus=1......

Since you have 2GB ram installed it should be OK to leave out maxmem=2048......the problem is with the dual core CPU and the OS X kernel you have installed if you cannot boot successfully without using cpus=1......

aaah so that was what it happen when i booted that way ( i was still trying to understand lol)

so i'm using only one core?, well although i didn't use a major app for long time yet, it was running very well ;)

so i now everytime i want to boot OS X i need to write down this :cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v right? or only cpus=1 -v ?well its better than don't boot it at all :)

eheheh thanks :D

aaah so that was what it happen when i booted that way ( i was still trying to understand lol)

so i'm using only one core?, well although i didn't use a major app for long time yet, it was running very well :)

so i now everytime i want to boot OS X i need to write down this :cpus=1 maxmem=2048 -v right? or only cpus=1 -v ?well its better than don't boot it at all :)

eheheh thanks :D

You can modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere)

cpus=1

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

If you want to boot in verbose mode every time (just to see what is being loaded/run during bootup) then type "cpus=1 -v" instead of "cpus=1" in 3. above....

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press ^O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press ^X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

Reboot with -v just to check that booting is still OK and Repair Permissions.... :)

To get past my issue of SLI, could i not install any video drivers, then find an alternative later?

Even if OS X ran this way would that not defeat the purpose of the graphics card capability for full CI/QE and higher resolutions......my understanding is that dual cards in SLI mode primarily benefits gaming rather than productivity applications......

You can modify the com.apple.Boot.plist file as follows:

1. Go to the Terminal, and at the $ prompt, type in

sudo nano /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist

2. Enter your password when requested. Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move the cursor within the Terminal window.

3. Type in (without any spaces anywhere)

cpus=1

between <string> and </string> under <key>Kernel Flags</key>.

If you want to boot in verbose mode every time (just to see what is being loaded/run during bootup) then type "cpus=1 -v" instead of "cpus=1" in 3. above....

4. Move the cursor the Terminal window down until it no longer moves, then press ^O and then Enter, to save the modified com.apple.Boot.plist file.

5. Press ^X to Exit and type "exit" at the $ prompt to log out of the Terminal and then close and quit Terminal.

Reboot with -v just to check that booting is still OK and Repair Permissions.... ;)

well i was doing what you said, but when i writed down de ^O and ^X nothing happened, so i checked if that file was really on that directory and the SystemConfiguration thing isn't inside preferences :P did i miss something?

well i was doing what you said, but when i writed down de ^O and ^X nothing happened, so i checked if that file was really on that directory and the SystemConfiguration thing isn't inside preferences :P did i miss something?

Sorry I assumed you would know this......^O and ^X are keyboard key-press combinations of Ctrl and O keys and Ctrl and X keys...... :)

Since my system dosent work because it has SLI, i may have an alternative. Will MAC run on DDR ram, because a can pick up a gig for $15, and im pretty sure the processor is AMD SSE2 1.1GHZ, so would that affect anything?. i need to check a couple more things like processor series, because its about 7 years old, and i will post any more questions

Since my system dosent work because it has SLI, i may have an alternative. Will MAC run on DDR ram, because a can pick up a gig for $15, and im pretty sure the processor is AMD SSE2 1.1GHZ, so would that affect anything?. i need to check a couple more things like processor series, because its about 7 years old, and i will post any more questions

You would first need to check the forums discussing distros supporting BOTH AMD AND SSE2 as it may be a difficult combination......as obviously most distros focus on SSE3 CPUs......

I may have found a solution, but i need some help. I saw this http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=33003, and saw that in the OSX86 wiki, (http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Titan) that it is possible to use sli in mac 10.4.8. my problem is that the 10.4.8 that i have is pre-loaded with titan nov.4 release, and it wont boot. in the topic that discusses titan, many people said that they have problems with the nov.4 release. I want to try an earlier version, but i dont know where to get it. i also dont know how to install it without being able to get into Mac (vista dosent see the HDD Mac is on, i dissconnect the vista HDD's when i install mac).

hi......

I have tried all the things but still the problem is not solve.....

I have AMD proccessor........

I got the patch but how do i install it.... i have iso file of jas 10.4.8 tiger AMD Intel SS2 / SS3 DVD.......

can anyone help me......

Thankx in advance.....