How to use PS/2 keyboard durin installation?

blahblah276

4 posts in this topic

Okay, so I have an Hp m8200n pc with vista. I've tried several versions, but Leo4allv3 was the only one that installed on my computer and started to boot. However, when it booted throught the darwin screen, it would say "still waiting for root devices" I think i've found the solution, but I need to first make my ps2 keyboard work so i can type it through the terminal in the installation dvd. I really don't want to spend money on a new usb keyboard. Is there something i can do to fix it? I'm a COMPLETE NOOB. Like I don't know anything about installing OSx86. If theres a kext or whatever, can you tell me the exact way to use it? Thanks, I would greatly appreciate it. :P

Oh yeah, here are my specs

AMD 6000+

nvidia 8800gs

MCP61PM-HM Motherboard

hp enhanced multimedia keyboard (but i can also use a really old ps2 NEC keyboard with win95)

500gb hdd

thanks, but the thing is i dont want to go out and buy anything when mac is most likely not going to be completely compatible with my pc. it would just be a waste of money. so im looking to see if there is a hack or anything to make my keyboard work during installation

okay i found out how. all i needed to do was go in the bios and disable the usb, and enable the ps/2 mouse

but after that, i went to try and fix it, and once again, apple failed me. (stupid 'still waiting for root devices) im so disappointed. i quit. thats it. i quit, i dont want to waste any more time of my life trying to fix this bull. after one week of downloading and burning and installing and booting, apple failed me everytime. so screw mac and their selfishness, pc windows rules.