Kalyway 10.5.3 Asus P5K-VM No audio

erasmix

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I chose this board because I saw in the OSX86 HCL that it worked OK with Kalyway 10.5.1. I installed using Kalyway 10.5.2, everything works except:

1) No Audio. "About this Mac" -> "More Info" -> "Audio (Built-in)" shows "No Built-in Audio" (this is the most urgente)

2) No waking up from sleep. I enabled USB & PS2 KBD wake up. No luck. If the machine goes to sleep, I had to press the reset button (I've disabled power saving to prevent this).

Then installed the Kalyway 10.5.3 update. I went OK, but I still have the same problems. Any ideas?

it will never show anything on the "built in audio" section. check in system preferences/sound. if the ALC883 patch is installed it will look like this. If not, it's on the Kalyway 10.5.2 disk or you can find it in the forums...

audio.jpg

Kuru, I saw another topic that claims the ALC883 patch corrupted the OS. Have you had any experience with it, and could you please point me to the correct link?

Thanks,

Erasmo.

Kuru, I saw another topic that claims the ALC883 patch corrupted the OS. Have you had any experience with it, and could you please point me to the correct link?

Thanks,

Erasmo.

Hi, I do not know if it will work for you but it is worth trying.....

Install the two kexts here http://www.mediafire.com/?j0lnmnwwgms and in audio and MIDI configuration select the aggregate fix to enable 5.1 channel, and you may get surround sound

Ok, I always put in kexts like this and it always works, but i don't really know what I'm doing. I'm sure some BSD guru knows quicker ways but here goes.

Navigate to /System/Library/Extensions and if there is a AppleHDA.kext, move it to trash. Then drag the two new kexts into the Extensions folder. Now open terminal and type this:

sudo -s (it will ask for your password)

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/ALCinject.kext

sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext

sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.*

sudo rm -Rf /System/Library/Extensions/Caches

reboot

AWESOME!!!!!

It worked lika Charm. I got audio now!

Just FYI, after you successfully su -s you don't need to precede any command with sudo.

You guys are awsome. THANKS!

cool, learned something new again. :angel: Glad it worked for you!

Ditto.... :) If you do not want to type in all the commands when installing kexts you can use Kext Helper b7 which downloadable here.