Help with dual booting, OSX not booting

4 posts in this topic

I recently installed Kalyway 10.5.2 in my pc. I have two 250gb HDs, and I installed OSX in the 2nd partition of the first HD (the first partition has vista). I previously applied chameleon's jmicron fix to the OSX image. Everything went pretty much ok only when the installation was done it booted straight into Vista like nothing had happened :( I booted with Gparted Live CD and it shows the OSX partition with the flag "boot", so I suppose it SHOULD be booting to OSX, only it doesn't. I looked around but couldn't find anyone with the same problem. Thanks in advance for any comments on this!

I have the same problem as you and I was told to try EasyBCD which I will later tonight when I get home. I installed OSX on a 2nd SATA HDD and have Vista installed on another. Install was successful but when it restarted it booted Vista. Hopefully EasyBCD will work for me too. Glad you got yours up and running.

Good luck! :D BTW the OSX partition was listed as "BOOT" in case you were wondering. It also doesn't appear in windows explorer, I guess because is not NTFS or FAT but MAC OS, so you won't find it listed as a letter. I'm still trying to figure out how to get my 8800gt recognized and my AC97 audio working. I also have a Razer Barracuda sound card and I had the on-board audio disabled on the BIOS prior to installing Leopard. I've been looking around the forum and google but can't find nothing specific, tried nvinject but later found out it doesn't support the 8800gt. Would appreciate some pointers if you have them :P Anyways I'm liking Leopard so far, looks cool and feels stable. Downloaded iWork trial from apple too, feels friendlier than office.