Problems installing on an Nforce Chipset 650i

icesick06

1 post in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I'm pretty new to this and have been reading all over the forums trying to find a solution. I have I think every version of Hackintosh available (ex. iAtkos, Leo4all). But before I go into detail I will display my system specs.

MSI P6N-SLI Platinum Nforce 650i with SATA controller being an MCP55 (Bios 1.6)

Intel Q6600 running at stock speed

4GB DDR2 667MHz

Sata Raid Controller Card (PCI-Express x1 card) with two Seagate 7200.10 160GB HDD in Raid 0 for Vista Ultimate

80GB Western Digital SATA Hard Drive (Drive for OSX)

500GB Western Digital (Storage)

2x Lite-On 20x SATA DVD-RW Drives

EVGA Nvidia 8800GTS 320mb PCI-Express x16

Hauppauge HVR 1600 TV Tuner card

Antec Nine Hundred Series Case

Wanting to install OSX Leopard

Ok now that I think I've listed everything, it's time to get to the problem. The most persistent being that even though my drives are detected, It doesnt designate one of them as a root device and so I get the waiting for root device error. I checked the MeDevil nforce patch and my device ID is listed 0x026610DE. Now with Leo4all v3, I can get a root device and it eventually gets into the GUI part of the installation, but hangs on the loading bar. Now I did test with a PATA drive before and I was able to install fine, but I would rather stick with SATA. I did try updating the Kalyway 10.5.2 disc with the newest medevil.kext file but once that was done, I started to get IOATA device bus blocked. I did see that a certain string needed to be added to the plist file if you had more than one nvidia device in your system, at least thats the way I read it, and wasnt sure if it was legit, but wasnt sure where to place that string so didnt try that. If I can get past the Hard drive limitation, I believe I can handle the rest with the exception of a driver for the Nforce gigabit LAN. But lets work on one thing at a time. If anyone can help me with this problem, I would be greatly appreciative.