Some issues with iATKOS v2 on Dell Inspiron E1705

2 posts in this topic

OS X 10.5.2 (iATKOS v2) has been working remarkably well. However, recently some issues have emerged:

1) Occasionally, the screen will flicker such that I see two images of the screen at once, one of which is off-centre horizontally. This is resolved if I boot into XP then reboot into OS X.

2) Recently, I have not been able to write to my NTFS partition. This is curious behaviour, since I have been able to write to my NTFS partition in the past (I had selected the NTFS-3G option). Side effects include inability to transfer files to my NTFS partition, and inability to recall a saved game from Portal (which caused me to notice this quirky behaviour).

3) The touchpad is behaving strangely. I used the Dell Post-Installer shown here to enable two-finger scrolling. However, since then the touchpad has become so sensitive to two-finger scrolling that I cannot move the cursor without using only the very tip of my finger. I cannot access the FFScroll System Preferences item.

Does the collective have any solutions to these answers?

Some notes:

1) The Dell E1705 has a 945GM with Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 and the darwin950 drivers for 0x27a2 (as this would be my device ID).

2) The NTFS partition is named "The Incredible Machine"; it has 4.22GB free space out of 51.2GB total space.

OS X 10.5.2 (iATKOS v2) has been working remarkably well. However, recently some issues have emerged:

1) Occasionally, the screen will flicker such that I see two images of the screen at once, one of which is off-centre horizontally. This is resolved if I boot into XP then reboot into OS X.

2) Recently, I have not been able to write to my NTFS partition. This is curious behaviour, since I have been able to write to my NTFS partition in the past (I had selected the NTFS-3G option). Side effects include inability to transfer files to my NTFS partition, and inability to recall a saved game from Portal (which caused me to notice this quirky behaviour).

3) The touchpad is behaving strangely. I used the Dell Post-Installer shown here to enable two-finger scrolling. However, since then the touchpad has become so sensitive to two-finger scrolling that I cannot move the cursor without using only the very tip of my finger. I cannot access the FFScroll System Preferences item.

Does the collective have any solutions to these answers?

Some notes:

1) The Dell E1705 has a 945GM with Leopard Graphics Update 1.0 and the darwin950 drivers for 0x27a2 (as this would be my device ID).

2) The NTFS partition is named "The Incredible Machine"; it has 4.22GB free space out of 51.2GB total space.

Update: I freed up a bit more disk space so right now I have 5.62GB of free space on my NTFS partition. Still no write access. I'm getting so desperate, I've just downloaded another NTFS driver (Paragon) 10-day trial. However, I haven't installed it yet, and that is because of this question:

If I install the Paragon driver over the MacFUSE/NTFS-3G drivers, will there be a driver conflict wreaking havoc on my system?

I'm actually quite surprised at the lack of replies to this topic as my two previous issues had quite a few replies.