help with sound please!

Tommyfox

4 posts in this topic

hi,

have got Leopard installed successfully and running nicely.

Unfortunately it did not auto recognise either of my sound cards. I have since discovered my Creative Audigy 4 Pro will never work as it is PCI and Leopard doesnt work with anything like this?

Now the sound chipset built onto my Asrock 4Core1333-FullHD mobo is a Realtek ALC888. I have tried downloading the KEXT package from another thread on here and have installed it but no such luck as of yet.

Any time I try to play a music file the time scroller on the player doesn't even move let alone play sound.

Everything else seems to be running fine bar some usb problems, can anyone help me with this please? The main reason I installed Leopard was to be able to use Logic so lack of sound is a major problem!

Thanks alot!

i install leopard for logic too, and some beacause i hate Microsoft, having problem with sound i buy a usbaudio, works** logic is the better then ACIDE, SOUNDFORGE for audio hardware compatibility y need more than an Kext

you say that you tray ALC888 kext, and it doesn't work?

try appleHDApatcher ; ???? get your codec dump drag and drop it on the application.

thanks for the reply... have tried appleHDA patcher with a couple of different ALC888 kexts... both patched successfully but unfortunately neither appear to have worked!

no devices appear in Audio config on ableton live at all...

any help anyone can offer at all please??? thanls