compaq f700 issues installing

bristolboard

2 posts in this topic

ok i have the compaq f755us. It has 2gb ram. 140gb hard drive. 1.9 dual core amd. 54g Wi-Fi LAN (802.11b/g), 10/100 Ethernet, Nvidia GeForce 7000M video card with 335 MB of total available video memory. I've tryed installing leopard using leo4all verison3, atkios version 2. and kalyway leo 10.5.1 and they all cant even get to the installation menu. i tried installing tiger and it wont recognize my fat32 partition. does anybody have any ideas? with the leopard dvds i get errors ranging from sam multemida error, to synaptis touch device, to cannot find root.

Are you designating your partion for mac journaled? I tried fat and it would not let me install.

The tip-off is that in disk utility when you are getting ready to install, if you are not formated in MAC extended (journaled is debatable even though I use it) your ownership designation will say no, and somewhere about five to ten minutes into the install, you will get the error message "unable to install". If you go back and reformat for Mac extended it will change your ownership permission to "yes". If that is the error message that you have been getting, then there is your answer. Until you get a successful install, you can't even begin to determine if you are using the right driver configurations.

Rhel