Kalyway boot problem

mixi92

3 posts in this topic

I have successfully installed Kalyway10.5.1 on my WD500G SATA harddrive as it shows on the disk utility but when I tried to boot from it using -v it just restart again.

If I use -x -v it will run some script then restart again.

I have Vista w/ easyBCD for dual boot on partition 1 & loaded Kalyway on partition 2 with MBR bootloader

can somebody help?

Thank you

Try using easyBCD's "Fix HFS Error" button to try and fix your mac partition.

You could also try installing EFI or Chameleon bootloaders - search the other threads in this forum for more info.

You could also try the install disk trick - start up from the install DVD as if you were going to install again, but when you see the darwin bootloader, don't press any keys. It might boot up your installed system after the countdown, or you might be able to choose your mac partition and then it might boot. If there's a problem with the bootloader on your install, the install disk bootloader might work.

If you get it booted, download a copy of osx86 tools and use the Install EFI/Run fdisk button and install a bootloader (I recommend Chameleon) on your mac partition.

Best of luck

Thanks for the reply mac_maestro

i've tried easyBCD Fix HFS Error with no luck. With the install disk it just go thru the installation where you type in -v.

I have downloaded chameleon & osx86 tools as well but how can I install these if it will not even boot.

It just run script then restart again

thanks