Quicktime 7.5 + Perian 1.1 = Color issues

Brywalker

7 posts in this topic

On my old install it worked PERFECTLY. I have no idea what is going on here. I even compiled from the newest sources, no joy. VLC is playing perfectly, so it is not video card or anything. Here is a pic:

picture2wi8.png

See? WTF!! I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling. I removed Perian and put DivX on there and now the XviD stuff works, but my MKV stuff is HOSED. VLC plays it all with no problems, but I want to use QT. Any ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply. The problem is exactly as Brywalker described in the first post. On 10.5.2 and Quicktime 7.4.5 with Perian 1.1 there were no problems with playback in Quicktime. After upgrading to 10.5.4 and Quicktime 7.5 there is color distortion that looks exactly as Brywalker's screenshot in the first post.

Playback with VLC is fine and playback via Front Row is fine (which is weird). Also I have an iMac running on 10.5.4, Quicktime 7.5 with Perian 1.1 and the above issue is not present.

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for the reply. The problem is exactly as Brywalker described in the first post. On 10.5.2 and Quicktime 7.4.5 with Perian 1.1 there were no problems with playback in Quicktime. After upgrading to 10.5.4 and Quicktime 7.5 there is color distortion that looks exactly as Brywalker's screenshot in the first post.

Playback with VLC is fine and playback via Front Row is fine (which is weird). Also I have an iMac running on 10.5.4, Quicktime 7.5 with Perian 1.1 and the above issue is not present.

Issue seems fixed in Quicktime 7.5.5 release.