1 x Asus P5K PRO

2 x SEAGATE Barracuda 7200.11 500GB SATA2 32MB ST3500320AS

1 x ZEROtherm ZEN FZ-120

1 x CORSAIR DDR2 KIT 2x2GB PC8500 1066Mhz-555 XMS2-DHX + fan

1 x INTEL CORE 2 QUAD Q6600 Box (2.4G 8M) Step G0

1 x COOLER MASTER CM-690 Black

1 x Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3

1 x LG GH20NS10 SATA DVD WRITER 20X BLACK OEM

I will install both vista and mac but I will use the mac just to run logic pro (music production), is this configuration going to work perfectly with logic?

By the way I'm going to buy the sound card separately, first I want to check if all the hw is gonna work.

Thanks for your help.

The 4850 is not supported with acceleration. Might I suggest either a ATI 3870 or nVidia 8800GT, 9800GTX

I'm just going to use osx for logic pro so it doesn't matter if it's not completely supported at the moment, I can wait for some drivers to come out in the next future.

I will play games on vista, I just need the audio side to work very well; anyway, do you know what kind of resolution is supported with the 4850?

Thank for your help again

• 4 weeks later...
I'm just going to use osx for logic pro so it doesn't matter if it's not completely supported at the moment, I can wait for some drivers to come out in the next future.

I will play games on vista, I just need the audio side to work very well; anyway, do you know what kind of resolution is supported with the 4850?

Thank for your help again

1024 x 768 i believe but maybe 800 x 600 or less ...

REALLY bad idea.

I believe that Logic won't even install without Quartz Extreme- no hardware supported video card, and you'll probably get an error message on attempting to install the application. Most Pro Apps simply will not install without QE/CI- various interface elements won't work without it.

Do yourself a huge favor and get a properly supported graphic card or you will probably end up with a mostly useless Hackintosh.

The 4850 is not supported with acceleration. Might I suggest either a ATI 3870 or nVidia 8800GT, 9800GTX

it's supportive you need to update 10.5.5 to make it work you can find the delta on the bay

it's supportive you need to update 10.5.5 to make it work you can find the delta on the bay

i couldnt get it to install properly on my 10.5.4... it crashed and now i cannot get back in leopard install

Can you install it from 10.5.2 install?