Leo4All - IDE DVD Drive not detected

5 posts in this topic

Weird problem. First time installing Leo4All v3 on my SATA drive, I was able to get everything working except my nforce LAN (a known issue). My DVD Drive worked and system profile detected it and everything.

Couple days later I decide to use a USB to Ethernet adapter and re-install OSX on my WD external USB HDD instead (and re-imaging my internal with XP)... now everything works in Leopard except it's not detecting my IDE DVD drive anymore after booting into OSX. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Not sure why it worked on my first install and not on my second. Only difference is that I installed it on my external HDD and using a USB Ethernet adapter. It's the only DVD drive I have installed and it's the one I used to install the release with.

My specs are:

Athlon 64 5200 X2

Asus M2N SLI Deluxe (Nforce 570)

2GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce 7600GT

Lite-On DVD writer w/ lightscribe

I tried the Jmicron fix I read on the forums about but it didn't help. I might've done it wrong though because I'm a noob :D

Edit: Oops, I should've put this in SATA/IDE forum. Sorry!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Weird problem. First time installing Leo4All v3 on my SATA drive, I was able to get everything working except my nforce LAN (a known issue). My DVD Drive worked and system profile detected it and everything.

Couple days later I decide to use a USB to Ethernet adapter and re-install OSX on my WD external USB HDD instead (and re-imaging my internal with XP)... now everything works in Leopard except it's not detecting my IDE DVD drive anymore after booting into OSX. Anyone have any idea how to fix this? Not sure why it worked on my first install and not on my second. Only difference is that I installed it on my external HDD and using a USB Ethernet adapter. It's the only DVD drive I have installed and it's the one I used to install the release with.

My specs are:

Athlon 64 5200 X2

Asus M2N SLI Deluxe (Nforce 570)

2GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce 7600GT

Lite-On DVD writer w/ lightscribe

I tried the Jmicron fix I read on the forums about but it didn't help. I might've done it wrong though because I'm a noob :angel:

Edit: Oops, I should've put this in SATA/IDE forum. Sorry!

or grab latest AppleNForceATA.kext from thread in SATA named same name and author medevil. edt info.plist ading yozr devid...

One thing i want to ask you, how did you working Geforce 7600GT what was the trick?