SPDIF through gfx card for hdmi on leopard

inmac80

6 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get my audio through hdmi to my tv, but I'm having a bit of trouble. I have the gigabyte ga-ep35-ds4 and an msi nv8800gt 512mb. I have an spdif cable connected to the motherboard and the video card, but there isn't any sound. I have sound coming out of the line out when i connect headphones and set the audio panel to internal speakers. I'm using retail osx with ls8's v12 fix, the three patches in efi studio and chameleon.

Any ideas?

• 7 months later...

Same problem here...

I have a Gigabyte EP45-DS3L and an Asus Silent 9600GT with a two wire cable connecting the appropriate SPDIF headers on the motherboard to the video card.

It works fine in Windows (I've been playing Burnout Paradise for a week and a half this way) so I know it's hooked up properly. It doesn't require any mussing around with drivers or settings either, it just works. This makes me think that my digital audio out may not be working on OS X, but I have no way of checking (no other way to listen to the digital audio out).

B.T.W. The analog audio in and out work fine in Leopard.

PLEASE HELP!!! :rolleyes:

-Thanks

ever think to check of the internal spidf port is working and/or is even in the port mappings to your sound?

-D-

I know the port is working (audio through HDMI works in windows) I don't know how to check if it's in the port mappings... can you give some more info regarding this?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm trying to get my audio through hdmi to my tv, but I'm having a bit of trouble. I have the gigabyte ga-ep35-ds4 and an msi nv8800gt 512mb. I have an spdif cable connected to the motherboard and the video card, but there isn't any sound. I have sound coming out of the line out when i connect headphones and set the audio panel to internal speakers. I'm using retail osx with ls8's v12 fix, the three patches in efi studio and chameleon.

Any ideas?

It seems Leopard does not support HDMI audio (or DisplayPort audio). I hope Snow Leopard fixes this. It should be possible, because appletv works with HDMI audio, but I've been unable to find a solution for Leopard