Tulip not working, Linksys LNE100TX v4

Derek5272

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I just installed Kalyway 10.5.2 yesterday, and have been having troubles getting my Ethernet connection working. I downloaded the darwin_tulip source code, and downloaded Xcode to sudo make install with it, and it apparently installed without a hitch (it gave me no error messages, at least). Also followed the rest of the process detailed in this post. However, I am unable to do any set up for an Ethernet connection in the Network settings. Network card is a Linksys LNE100TX v4, and I'm running an AMD system, with an Asus M2N-E motherboard and Athlon 64 X2 5000+ processor. Is there anything I'm missing? Something that should be done differently?

Hi there, I did the exact steps in the post you linked to for a Linksys LNE100TX (sorry don't know the version number and I realize this could make the difference). Worked perfectly.

This was on a JaS 10.4.8 install and I didn't download the source or compile it myself but used the Tulip.1.2.zip file -- apparently has extra drivers?

After installing and restarting the computer, I plugged in the Ethernet cable and fired up Network Preferences. Can't remember if I had to add a new connection first or if it just detected a new one. On Leopard, you may have to hit the (+) but you probably tried all that.

I wonder if the "ln -s IONetworkingFamily.kext com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.kext" requires different kexts for Leopard....

OK, nevermind, I read more of the thread and if you've tried those suggestions (e.g. the tricks to compile it for Tiger even though you're on Leopard; and manually setting your DHCP), I can't offer anything new...sorry! good luck!