Possible to boot with verbose mode in vmware?

syphilis

3 posts in this topic

I have been using a vmware image of osx for a few days now, and just now for seemingly no reason, I cannot get past the boot splash screen.<br /><br />It just sits there with the Apple logo and the spinning wheel.<br /><br />I have tried to enter verbose mode by holding alt and v, but the alt key is not seeming to be recognized as the Apple command key in vmware.<br /><br />Is there some other method?<br /><br />I tried to mount the .vmdk file, but get a "No Network Block Device driver detected." error.<br /><br />Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit: i am recompiling my kernel to include network block device support right now, so assuming I can mount it, is there something i can edit to force verbose mode?

• 1 year later...
I have been using a vmware image of osx for a few days now, and just now for seemingly no reason, I cannot get past the boot splash screen.<br /><br />It just sits there with the Apple logo and the spinning wheel.<br /><br />I have tried to enter verbose mode by holding alt and v, but the alt key is not seeming to be recognized as the Apple command key in vmware.<br /><br />Is there some other method?<br /><br />I tried to mount the .vmdk file, but get a "No Network Block Device driver detected." error.<br /><br />Thanks for any suggestions.

Edit: i am recompiling my kernel to include network block device support right now, so assuming I can mount it, is there something i can edit to force verbose mode?

to the first paragraph, i had the same problem with kalyway 10.5.2 and 10.5.3 on vmware. I have learned after successfully crashing every other version of OSX86 out there (iATKOS,iDeneb, iPC...), that they can take a while to load. so after not having verbose mode work at all, i let it run and went to grab a bite to eat and came back thirty min later (not sure when it finished though, could have been like 3 min) it was up and running.

as to the second paragraph, i could use a hand getting the network running. is that what you mean by the whole recompiling my kernel thing? vmware is really confusing to setup for internet for this. it failed as soon as i upgraded to 10.5.3 via the kalyway combo update. if thats what you mean, then i would love to know how. do you know if there are any kexts specifically for vmware? that would be a great idea if there arent.