no network after install

olaf_OSX

5 posts in this topic

Hello.

It is my first topic. After completed the installation, when the installer was asking a lot of question etc.. there was a part about network. I am not sure now what I have click over there but.

Now the "Tiger" does not allow to configure a ethernet card settings. A the other hand the 3com 3C905E-TX is sawn on system.

When I try to set a new network it see only a "modem" IPS witch I do not posses. -_-

Every thing else worked

Now I tried to update to 10.4.10 combo for Intel and system after restart died - it keeps restarting all the time. I will reinstalled it but I am not sure it the network would work ... :)

Any suggestions ?

I will the grateful

Best regards

ps.

PC is

Intel Pentium 4 CP-2,4GHz (Socket 478)

1 GB ( 512x2

MB- MSI 845 Ultra-C (MS-6566)

i845D

ATI X1300 256MB

Seagate - ST340016A 40GB

Network - 3Com 3C905C-TX + Harris/Itersil PRISM 802.11g Wireless Adapter

Yes, Tiger allows you to configure the settings for your ethernet card. Go to System Preferences, select Network, in the second drop-down list select your ethernet card. There's quite a bit you can set, and under TCP/IP you can set such things as DHCP or manual IP (and if manual you can set everything).

Thank you for reply :)

There two problems now, first is that I cannot startup the system after last upgrate and second is that I could not entered to settings.

Once I reinstall the Tiger I will follow your advise

Cheeres

Best regards

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I had run again the installation. Now with a fresh system I have noticed that the tiger does not see my 3Com 3C905C-TX as ethernet .... Is there any driver for such card? Or could it be configured from some list?

Thank you for your reply

Best regards