Mac OSX 10.5 Retail DVD + 10.5.4 Update

mrEiger

1 post in this topic

Hi to all OSx86 community!!!

I've installed Mac OSX (Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD) 5 days ago and liked it very much! Thanks for great opportunity to use Mac on x86 architecture and respect to all who made it possible, because it's a big piece of work!!!

So, while using system for this time I got some questions, but can't find answers for them (used search many-many times :( ). As advanced user I like "self made" systems, customized for myself and by myself (that's why i like linux so much). I'll try to be laconic as possible with my questions.

So here they are:

1. Is it possible to integrate 10.5.4 combo update into 10.5 retail dvd?

2. If it is possible to integrate how can I replace vanilla kernel on dvd (or edit update dmg file placing it there for future integration) with modbin 9.4 patched (do not want to patch whole dvd with brazilmac, retail means retail with some corrections :thumbsup_anim: )?

3. If all described is possible will the system install/boot with patched kernel but without PC-EFI?

4. How to make 5.1 sound wirking with Realtek ALC880(D) @ Intel 82801FB ICH6. Sound is working but can not see device listed ("no device found") so no ppossibility to choose 5.1 as described HERE?

Here is my PC specs:

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 (Prescott) 540J, 3200 MHz (16 x 200)

Motherboard: Intel Avalon D915GAV

North Bridge: Intel Grantsdale-G i915G

South Bridge: Intel 82801FB ICH6

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (256 MB)

IDE Controller: Intel® 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2651

*** I have HDDs connected to SATA and DVD-Drive to IDE ***

P.S. Please, if there are are solutions to my questions point me plese there! I had no luck with searching.