Hello

2 posts in this topic

Hi everyone. Just joined as you can see. I just bought a Mac Book Pro a week ago. I work for the military and I am a network administrator/tech. I was wondering if you guys had any tips on what programs to get like router emulators or something like a ping sweep widget or just anything helpful and cool that i may use on my windows based network. Also any tips on my First new Mac in general. I find it somewhat awkward to navigate. Feels just like Fedora though i like it. I think the touch pad is very creative and new. Sometimes i just spin a pdf for awhile just cuz i can hahaha im a dork. Well any input would be nice. Thanks again.

There are loads of guides on the net for switchers. I sugest you read a few. It helps a lot. Click HERE

First thing I Missed was my Start Menu. Solution. Get QuickSilver.

Second why the f*ck cant folders stay on Top, looky here, or you can try PathFinder

Control your MBP's fan speeds, using smcFanController

I also suggest you switch your Command(Apple) and Control Keys, using System Preferences. Then CTRL+C etc start working.

Finally get used to having a lot of time on your hands. Macs just dont mess up like PC's. I would never be typing this if I had a PC, but now I am bored