Almost there with ASUS P5N32-E & 8800 GTX

NetSlut

3 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've searched all night for the right information, but everything refers to an outdated version of iATKOS, so I thought I'd post and see if anyone can guide me.

I've got an ASUS P5N32-E SLI PLUS mobo with 4GB RAM, 1x500GB SATA and 1x750GB SATA drive plus some DVD drive or other, attached to a 30" Dell LCD Monitor.

So far, using the iATKOS 2.0i release, I've managed to get Leopard installed, but the graphics are set to 1024x768, I have no audio, and no LAN.

The first problem I think I have is what options I chose on the package list of the main installer.

If I chose any of the VGA drivers, I would get a kernel panic during boot.

I also couldn't really tell which kernel I should use, so I chose the nforce EFI one.

I'd partitioned the HD as GPT.

I guess my first question is, if anyone else has this configuration, which packages should I choose to start with.

Then, what else do I need to do to fix whatever isn't working (I assume I'd need to modify the GFX stuff, the Audio stuff and the Networking).

Anyone?

NetSlut

For the video problem, make sure your system is OS X v10.5.3 or later.

Then search google with "NVinject" and click the first link.

Gotoh develops NVinject.kext which gives native resolutions with QE/CI on nVidia GeForce 8000 series cards.

If you successfully get the resolution, then go to forum.netkas.org

and read about EFI string to fix the video without NVinject.kext.

For the video problem, make sure your system is OS X v10.5.3 or later.

Then search google with "NVinject" and click the first link.

Gotoh develops NVinject.kext which gives native resolutions with QE/CI on nVidia GeForce 8000 series cards.

If you successfully get the resolution, then go to forum.netkas.org

and read about EFI string to fix the video without NVinject.kext.

Well, I think I still have the same problem with the choices I made of the packages on the first install; I had previously tried all of those steps, with the exception of having only the 10.5.2 version that came on the iATKOS 2.0i disc.

So I ran Software Update, which insisted that I have 10.5.4, and on reboot I only get a kernel panic from the com.apple.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement extension.

Any ideas?

NetSlut