WUSB54GC Leopard, working but not accessing internet

mstng66302

3 posts in this topic

Alright, so I used the iATKOS distro to install Leopard, I eventually got it up and running. I am using the Linksys WUSB54GC wireless USB adapter.

I searched the internet and these forums high and low and followed nearly every tutorial available to get the wireless working correctly. I used the Ralink drivers and modified them to the Linksys device and when I start up "Leopard Ralink Setup Assistance" shows up and displays the correct wireless connection under "Wireless Networks". I select it, hit connect and the status displays connected. When I move over to the "Status" tab it shows "Transmit" at 0.0 "Recieve" at 26.0 and "Speed" at 54 Mbps. The link quality is Good 100% and the signal strength is Good 80-100%

This leads me to believe that the driver is in fact working correctly, but when I try to use the internet it will not connect.

If I go to Network preferences it displays Ethernet, PCI Serial Adapter (0b), PCI Serial Adapter (0a), and Built-in Serial Port(1), but none of them are connected and there is no IP address.

Moving over to the Network Utility and selecting Network Interface (en1) it displays the correct Harware Address but the IP address is unknown and the vendor says "USB Wireless Device" model "RT73"

Is there something I am missing? I have been trying to get this Linksys WUSB54GC working for hours now and I feel like im close but I cannot quite figure it out.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated, I really like Leopard and have been lookig forward to trying it out for awhile now

• 3 weeks later...
Alright, so I used the iATKOS distro to install Leopard, I eventually got it up and running. I am using the Linksys WUSB54GC wireless USB adapter.

I searched the internet and these forums high and low and followed nearly every tutorial available to get the wireless working correctly. I used the Ralink drivers and modified them to the Linksys device and when I start up "Leopard Ralink Setup Assistance" shows up and displays the correct wireless connection under "Wireless Networks". I select it, hit connect and the status displays connected. When I move over to the "Status" tab it shows "Transmit" at 0.0 "Recieve" at 26.0 and "Speed" at 54 Mbps. The link quality is Good 100% and the signal strength is Good 80-100%

This leads me to believe that the driver is in fact working correctly, but when I try to use the internet it will not connect.

If I go to Network preferences it displays Ethernet, PCI Serial Adapter (0b), PCI Serial Adapter (0a), and Built-in Serial Port(1), but none of them are connected and there is no IP address.

Moving over to the Network Utility and selecting Network Interface (en1) it displays the correct Harware Address but the IP address is unknown and the vendor says "USB Wireless Device" model "RT73"

Is there something I am missing? I have been trying to get this Linksys WUSB54GC working for hours now and I feel like im close but I cannot quite figure it out.

Any help with this would be very much appreciated, I really like Leopard and have been lookig forward to trying it out for awhile now

If I were you, I will try NOT to use DHCP, and I will manually configure the IP settings, DNS, ROUTER GATEWAY, and network card IP ..e.g.

try that ...