Geforece 5500 and iTunes video

codygray

4 posts in this topic

Hi, I have iAtkos v2.0i installed with the 10.5.3 update installed and the graphics card fix installed.

I did have this problem before i updated to 10.5.3. iTunes video is all jumbled. Video is fine on Quicktime and Front Row. Can anyone help?

post-250772-1215496494_thumb.png

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I tried a bunch of stuff, my goal was to use my iphone as a remote for itunes. However, the only way I can get the video to work stable in iTunes is by using only software rendering but then it's sluggish and even my comp. gets sluggish. I have quartz gl enabled and my comp is boosted quite a bit with that. Video works in vlc frontrow and quicktime but not so good in iTunes 8.

I tried lowering values for vram and stuff and it made it more stable but still not good enough. Finally I decided to give up iTunes video for the time beeing. Instead I'll go with frontrow for video or vlc or quicktime.

I have 5200fx with quartz extreme, core image and quartz gl enabled. I have lowered some values in /System/Library/Frameworks/ApplicationServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/CoreGraphics.framework/Versions/A/Resources/Configuration.plist which seems to give me enough stability for everithing else, even iTunes vis.

I really hope apple both improve frontrow as of functions and iTunes as of performance. Frontrow is faster on my computer then iTunes when it comes to video rendering. Using only software rendering makes Itunes video completely worthless to watch. But hey, It's damn good at everything else :-P

So long

Hi, I have iAtkos v2.0i installed with the 10.5.3 update installed and the graphics card fix installed.

I did have this problem before i updated to 10.5.3. iTunes video is all jumbled. Video is fine on Quicktime and Front Row. Can anyone help?

In "About this Mac/More info" does your graphics show QE enabled?