My FireWire no longer Works!

7 posts in this topic

Hi!

For some reason, Leopard 10.5.4/3 don't detect the firewire port and the camcorder i'm using, better said, "no longer". Even Final Cut has turned useless because i can't capture, but before Kalyway Combo Update 10.5.3 (in other words, in the 10.5.2 version) i could make it with no hassle.

It appears that the system can't detect the firewire port, and the camcorder. I tried:

· Loading (kextload) all the IOFireWire***.kext with no solution

· Loading IOFireWireAVC at boot with Lingon program, no solution.

· Rechecking de BIOS option, it is turned on, nope.

· Trying to boot with the camcorder on, no solution

When I see the System Properties, it keeps me wating some 10-15 seconds, like "trying to detect de port"

imagen2rd2.th.png

After that, it appears in red that it cannot make it.

imagen1nc2.th.png

I open FinalCut and surprise! Can't detect de cam, because there is no spoon, i mena, no firewire port!

imagen4kk8.th.png

So capture it's impossible.

imagen3ah8.th.png

I'm glad to say:

HELP PLEASE :) !!!

Hi!

For some reason, Leopard 10.5.4/3 don't detect the firewire port and the camcorder i'm using, better said, "no longer". Even Final Cut has turned useless because i can't capture, but before Kalyway Combo Update 10.5.3 (in other words, in the 10.5.2 version) i could make it with no hassle.

It appears that the system can't detect the firewire port, and the camcorder. I tried:

· Loading (kextload) all the IOFireWire***.kext with no solution

· Loading IOFireWireAVC at boot with Lingon program, no solution.

· Rechecking de BIOS option, it is turned on, nope.

· Trying to boot with the camcorder on, no solution

When I see the System Properties, it keeps me wating some 10-15 seconds, like "trying to detect de port"

imagen2rd2.th.png

After that, it appears in red that it cannot make it.

imagen1nc2.th.png

I open FinalCut and surprise! Can't detect de cam, because there is no spoon, i mena, no firewire port!

imagen4kk8.th.png

So capture it's impossible.

imagen3ah8.th.png

I'm glad to say:

HELP PLEASE :) !!!

Hi check out http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=95789

Ensuring you have a matching kernel and system.kext may well solve your Digicam - Firewire problems.....it did mine..... :P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Guys,

have the same problem with my Leopard 10.5.1

FCP would just not start

nay help would be much appreciated

if any one has build a machine which runs FCP successfully please let me know, I don't mind building a new machine either

thanks a lot

I solved the firewire problem buying a Sunix VIA board. Is this model:

http://www.planacstore.com.br/index.asp?se...245&id=1061

Of course, this store is in Brazil, my country, but in USA maybe easy to find this.

I use:

Kalyway 10.5.2 + combo update to 10.5.3 + USB Fix (i don't remember exactly, but in this forum exists a topic and lin to download, it's necessary for the firewire board fully use after the update to 10.5.3).

Gigabyte 965P-DS3

7900GT Evga

4gb ddr2

Intel Q6600

Firewire Sunix 2010

Final Cut Studio 2 + Adobe CS4 Master Collection

Video capture and video preview in IEE1394 port fully works and both suites (Final Cut 6, After Effects, Premiere tested).