Leo4all V3 installation hanging

Pheonix911

5 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone ... First post here, need some help with installing Le04All on my desktop. Everytime I install things seem to go well, and the progress bar gets to the end (almost) and just sits with "Time Remaining: About 2 mins" at the bottom, the mouse and keyboard are frozen at this point. I've let the computer sit at this screen for over an hour with no change. I know this is the step that sets the boot record, so if I have to I guess I could mark the partition as active manually by booting into a prompt ... does anyone know how to do that?

What I would really like to do is be able to install the correct way, my computer information is below ... I've tried several kernels, tried installing different third party drivers, and even installed no third party drivers, other than the chipset 'NForce Test' one. Tried burning another copy of the disk, and the disk check during install completes correctly ... no help there.

Any help would greatly be appreciated.

<<COMPUTER DETAILS>>

Motherboard: ASUS P5NE-SLI

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6750

Memory: 4GB RaM

Chipset: Nforce 650 SLI

Lan: Marvell 88E1116 PHY

Audio: Realtek ALC883

Video: Nvidia 8800 GT 256mb

<</COMPUTER DETAILS>>

Below is the install log excerpt, I can't get the full log as the mouse and keyboard freeze up at the "2 minutes remaining point" and I had to type this out, so some lines aren't complete and denoted with '....' after them.

... localhost root[295]: Begin script: postinstall
... localhost root[298]: Running kextcache -k /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/Extensions
... localhost root[300]: Running ifcstart
... localhost root[302]: Running update_dyld_shared_cache
... localhost installdb[178]: done. (0.025u + 0.018s)
... localhost /Volumes/OSX/private/tmp/scripts.vJV6/./postinstall[194]: warning, could not bind /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/PrivateFrameWorks/iLifeMedia.....
... localhost /Volumes/OSX/private/tmp/scripts.vJV6/./postinstall[194]:
... localhost /Volumes/OSX/private/tmp/scripts.vJV6/./postinstall[194]: warning, could not bind /Volumes/OSX/System/Library/PrivateFrameWorks/iLifeMedia.....
... localhost /Volumes/OSX/private/tmp/scripts.vJV6/./postinstall[194]:
... localhost /Volumes/OSX/private/tmp/scripts.vJV6/./postinstall[194]: update_dyld_shared_cache[303] currect cache invalid because /System/Library/Framework.....
... localhost /Volumes/OSX/private/tmp/scripts.vJV6/./postinstall[194]: update_dyld_shared_cache[303] currect cache invalid because /System/Library/Framework.....

Removing 2gb of memory (now only have 2gb in) worked. The install went through correctly, but now when I startup I get stuck in a reboot loop after the Darwin boot loader. I can't log in via single user mode, -s boot option does nothing, get the same looping reboot ... also tried cpus=1 -x -v -s -legacy all using different combinations of the options, its like the boot loader doesn't even see these options as I get the same results.

Any other ideas? Thanks again.

Try this:

Boot using your DVD, then go to Disk utility and repair permission. Reboot from HDD again.

Thanks for the reply ... however I tried the disk permission repair and it did not fix the issue. Actually, before I did the permission repair I would get about 30 seconds of text scrolling by, and then it would reboot. After the permission repair I get the darwin prompt, then it tries to boot and in about 1 second it reboots ... not text scrolling by anymore.

Any other ideas?